Discussion 4 Assignments | Online Homework Help
This defense in depth discussion scenario is an intentional cybersecurity attack in Moline, IL on the water utility’s SCADA system. It occurs during the fall after a very dry summer. The water utility’s Information Technology (IT) person did not receive an expected pay raise and decides to reprogram the SCADA system to shut off the high-lift pumps. The operator’s familiarity with the SCADA system allows him to reprogram the alarms that typically notify operators of a high-lift pump failure. In addition, he prevents access to the SCADA system by others. A wildfire breaks out on the outskirts of the city. After reading about the principal of Depth in Chapter 6, consider possible countermeasures to such an attack.
Then, you must do the following:
1) Create a new thread and discuss what type(s) of new countermeasures you believe should have been implemented to prevent the cyber attack described above from occurring. Be specific in recommending countermeasures for this scenario.
2) Select AT LEAST 2 other students’ threads and reply with substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
- ALL original posts and comments must be substantive. (I’m looking for about a paragraph – not just “I agree.”)
- You must post a starting thread and reply to two others to receive full credit (50% your post + 25% first reply + 25% second reply = 100%).
- Weak posts and replies will lower grade
- Strong posts and article references supporting your statements will raise grade.