Developmental milestones chart and discussion of how biological and
Using the multiple resources throughout Units 1-5 on developmental milestones in the child from birth to the second birthday, create a chart of your own. This chart should discuss three milestones and environmental strategies to target these milestones in each of the following domains from birth to two years of age keeping in mind that there is overlap between many of the developmental domains:
- physical and motor development- include fine and gross motor milestones, and physical development milestones
- social and emotional development
- cognitive and language development
- behavior: behavior overlaps in many of the developmental domains. You should discuss typical behaviors of the child including temperament and attachment, and how this can affect behavior. In addition, think about crying, eating, sleeping, and play of the young child.
When creating your chart, you must include at least three developmental milestones for each domain. For each developmental milestone, you will describe an environmental strategy that an early childhood professional could use to address that milestone.
Expected developmental milestones are based on the idea that children tend to follow similar developmental patterns. With this in mind, you will include a one-page discussion addressing the fact that individuals develop at varying rates and how biological and environmental factors influence development. You should include specific examples of how both biological and environmental factors influence development. When doing this activity, keep in mind that current thinking about expected patterns of growth and development tells us that multiple biological and environmental influences affect both the sequence and timing of motor skills. Remember to refer to the multiple resources in the Unit 5 Reading for valuable information for your chart.
Use the template provided in Unit 5 Template.doc in Course Documents. Your project must:
- Be written in Standard American English
- APA style with a title and reference page
- Be double-spaced and use 12-point font
Your responses should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics. Use the APA style for all citations. There should be no evidence of plagiarism.
To complete this project, use the template titled CE114Unit5ProjectTemplate.doc in Course Documents. You will add the appropriate information into the correct areas and save your changes.