Demonstration of Proficiency Assignment | College Homework Help
Write a 4-6-page analysis of a current problem or issue in health care, including a proposed solution and possible ethical implications.
In your health care career, you will be confronted with many problems that demand a solution. By using research skills you can learn what others are doing and saying about similar problems. Then you can analyze the problem and the people and systems it affects. You can examine potential solutions and their ramifications. This assessment allows you to practice this approach with a real-world problem.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
o Use scholarly information to describe and explain a health care problem or issue and identify possible causes for it.
· Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
o Analyze a health care problem or issue by describing the context, explaining why it is important, and identifying populations affected by it.
o Discuss potential solutions for a health care problem or issue and describe what would be required to implement a solution.
· Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
o Analyze the ethical implications if a potential solution to a health care problem or issue was implemented.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
o Write clearly and logically, with the correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
o Write the following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Describe the health care problem or issue you selected for use in Assessment 2 (from the Assessment Topic Areas | Transcript media piece) and provide details about it.
2. To explore your chosen topic, you should use the first four steps of the Socratic Problem-Solving Approach to aid your critical thinking. This approach was introduced in the second assessment.
3. Identify possible causes for the problem or issue.
4. Use scholarly information to explain the health care problem or issue.
5. Identify at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic.
o You may use articles you found while working on Assessment 2 or you may search the Library for other articles.
o You may find the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide helpful in your search.
6. Assess the credibility of the information sources.
7. Assess the relevance of the information sources.
8. Analyze the problem or issue.
o Describe the setting or context for the problems or issues.
o Describe why the problem or issue is important to you.
o Identify groups of people affected by the problem or issue.
9. Discuss potential solutions for the problem or issue.
o Compare your opinion with other opinions you find in sources from the Library.
o Provide the pros and cons for one of the solutions you are proposing.
10. Analyze the ethical implications if the potential solution (the one for which you provide pros and cons) were to be implemented.
o Discuss the pros and cons of implementing the proposed solution from an ethical principle point of view.
o Provide examples from the literature to support the points you are making.
11. Describe what would be necessary to implement the proposed solution.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
· Assessment 3 Example [PDF].
1. Length: At least 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page. Get Health & Medical homework help today