I WILL PROVIDE LOGIN INFO TO ANY SOFTWARE UPON CONTRACT ACCEPTANCE.
Assignment №3 – Decision Tree model development using Cognos Analytics
Submission via LEO.
Submitted assignments will be graded for (a) content, (b) document quality (i.e. formatting, following guidelines, pleasant to read, etc.), and timeliness of submission. Assignments submitted late will be deducted 5 points for each day it is late.
1. Login to your Cognos Analytics account and navigate to Team Content -> Data 610 Data for Assignments -> Assignment 3 and 4 in Figure 1.
2. You will see 6 datasets in the folder. Select one dataset and save a copy of the file to my content. I HAVE CHOSEN LAPTOP SALES DATA SET.
3. Save a copy of the data to My Content and create a data module.
4. Discuss the selected dataset in the paper. Include the number of cases, description of the inputs, description of the variables that could be used to develop predictive models, etc. (NOTE: predictive models are developed better with larger data sets that have many cases and possible inputs from which to select.)
5. Develop prediction models:
a) Use the data module in step 3 as a data source to develop complete Decision Tree prediction models. There should be at least two models developed:
Be sure to specify which variable is being predicted and which variables are to be used to predict the outcomes.
Discuss in detail the models and why the target variable is important to predict.
b) For each of the models created:
Drill down into the results and interpret what the results indicate about the relationship between the input variables and the target variable. Which variables are the strongest predictors? What is the single best predictor variable? What combination of variables seems to give the best answer? Why?
Provide the rules found and discuss how the use of these “rules” would be useful in your organization. How would you implement the use of a rule-based approach? How would the models be accepted?
Discuss the Sunburst diagram. What additional information and/or insights does it provide?
Create some other combinations of variables. See if you can derive a more accurate model, or a model that is equally accurate but simpler (i.e., has fewer variables). Consider how to improve the model (e.g., removing extraneous variables, improving data quality, etc.) Discuss your findings in detail. Consider creating additional variables that might add value to the model. Support your findings.
Important – We may add calculations, hierarchies, filters, etc. in the data module and/or in the exploration file. Any updates to the data module will be available in all explorations, dashboards, and stories where the data module is used as a source. Any data filters, calculations, etc. defined in the exploration file are unavailable outside the file where they are defined.
Submit a single document conforming to the guidelines and standards outlined below.
limited to 7 pages (excluding title page, references, and appendix),
Double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, 1” margins, Bottom-right page numbering.
Note: Submitted report must be either in MS Word or PDF format and titled: “Assignment3_LastName”. Only one document will be allowed to be submitted.
Content (note that the document must have clearly marked sections for the items listed below)
1) Title page (1-page limit): course number and term, assignment number and project title, student name, and contact information, instructor’s name. Format it so it looks pleasant and presentable. Follow the formatting guidelines above.
2) Introduction. Provide a brief outline of the dataset you are using for this assignment. Briefly explain the content of the data, including a description of the variables in the data sets, the number of cases, etc. Include a screenshot of the data (not all, but partial as far as all relevant variables are visible). Include any data cleansing and/or preparation you did.
3) Develop and discuss at least two predictive models and the results. Include any insights gained from drilling down on the models. Discuss the top five best rules found in the analysis. Discuss how the rules developed from the decision tree help with the decision. What does the Sunburst view show that is insightful?
4) Discussion of additional models developed. Include a comparison of developed models you created. What improvements did you make? How well did they work out?
5) Outline and discuss at least one area in your organization (or an organization with which you are familiar) where this rules-based approach would be beneficial and how it would be implemented.
6) References (1-page limit): List all references in APA format used in preparing this report. It is strongly recommended to use outside knowledge in setting-up the analysis or discussing the results where possible.
7) Appendix (6-page limit): Include any appropriate workbooks, screenshots (figures, tables, diagrams) used in this assignment. Be sure to include complete and legible decision trees developed for all models; be sure to include a complete set of the rules developed from the models. Make sure all tables, figures, or diagrams are properly numbered and titled. For example, “Table 1. Model Results”. Make sure all tables or figures or diagrams are easily readable and visually presentable.
General guidance Assignments that: 1) adequately address all required tasks; 2) are submitted on time; 3) are properly formatted (APA format for references, no typos or misspelled words, no grammar errors, cover page, etc.) will receive a grade of B (80-89, depending on content).
We aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise on the quality of our assignment services and strive to maintain the highest standards of work for all our clients. Our writers craft each paper carefully to match the requirements on the instructions form while at the same time being surgical and objective while handling client work.
We receive many applications from writers around the world daily. Nevertheless, we only choose the cream of the crop to tackle your “help with homework” requests. Hence, our homework helpers are highly-qualified individuals who adhere to our quality policy.
We maintain a fair pricing policy for all our homework help services. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the requirements of each paper. Hence regardless of the complexity or duration of a paper, our system determines the most accurate and pocket-friendly price for all our clients.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we guarantee all students swift delivery of their assignments. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. We, therefore, ensure that all assignments are delivered on or before the agreed deadline. This leaves room for editing to incase the client wants changes done to the work delivered by our writers.
We maintain a zero-plagiarism policy in all our papers. Our writers stick to the instructions to deliver plagiarism-free work. Other than that, they extensively research the work they are handling and are keen to avoid any chance of similarities with previously written papers. Our editors check every completed work to ascertain it’s at the set standards.
Our main objective is to assist you through every step of your academic journey. Thus, we completely understand that you might run into trouble once in a while when interacting with our system. If you do run into trouble, please get in touch with our support agents and they will immediately provide you with assistance. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or email us.
Follow these simple steps to get your homework done
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
You will be able to track the progress of your paper from our system.
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Myhomeworkwriters holds a reputation for providing high-quality assignment writing services. You only need to give us all the requirements for your “do my homework” order, and our writers will give you the best results.
Our team is skilled and equipped in searching for information required to complete work handed over to them. Regardless of the complexity of the work, we are determined to get the job done. Extensive research when handling client requests makes it possible for us to be able to stick to the boundaries and guidelines set by the clients. Thus enabling us to keep the work original and plagiarism free.
We have highly qualified writers to assist you whenever you place in "help with my homework" order. Our essay writing service is designed to not only help students get good grades but also excel in their studies. Our writers are highly experienced and educated specialists and professionals who want to do more than creating a difference in the academic field.
Our editors have a keen eye when going through work. They can capture even the smallest of errors. This has been made possible by the fact that we have been in the academic field for more than 5 years now. Thus, they bring with them previous experience when going through work to be able to capture everything. These unique skills make it possible for us to deliver error-free work to our clients.
Our team has very experienced specialists and professionals. This gives us a competitive edge over our competitors. Whenever we receive work that needs to be redone, everyone gets involved. That’s inclusive of our editors. This collective involvement in doing work makes it possible for us to deliver high-quality work to all our clients. Other than that it makes it possible for us to adhere to our originality and plagiarism-free policies.