Have to work on excel attached. All the formula needs to be seen.
Chapter 7 Q#9 Page 319, use data P02_16.xlsx
9. The file P02_16.xlsx contains traffic data from 256 weekdays on four variables. Each variable lists the num-ber of arrivals during a specific 5-minute period of the day. For this problem, consider this data set a simple random sample from all possible weekdays. a. For each of the four variables, find the sample mean. If each of these is used as an estimate from the cor-responding (unknown) population mean, is there any reason to believe that they either underestimate or overestimate the population means? Why or why not?
b. What are the (approximate) standard errors of the esti-mates in part a? How can you interpret these standard errors? Be as specific as possible.
c. Is it likely that the estimates in part a are accurate to within 0.4 arrival? Why or why not? (Answer for each variable separately.)
Chapter 7 Q#10 Page 319, use data P02_35.xlsx
10. The file P02_35.xlsx contains data from a survey of 500 randomly selected households. For this problem, con-sider this data set a simple random sample from all pos-sible households, where the number of households in the population is well over 1,000,000. a. Create a new variable, Total Income, that is the sum of First Income and Second Income.
b. For each of the four variables Total Income, Monthly Payment, Utilities, and Debt, find the sample mean. If each of these is used as an estimate from the cor-responding (unknown) population mean, is there any reason to believe that they either underestimate or overestimate the corresponding population means? Why or why not?
Click Here to Place Order
c. What are the (approximate) standard errors of the esti-mates in part b? How can you interpret these standard errors? Be as specific as possible. Is the finite popula-tion correction required? Why or why not?
d. Is it likely that the estimate of Total Income in part b is accurate to within $1500? Why or why not?
Chapter 8 Q#18 Page 342, use data P08_18.xlsx
18. Senior management of a large consulting firm is con-cerned about a growing decline in the organization’s weekly number of billable hours. Ideally, the organi-zation expects each professional employee to spend at
least 40 hours per week on work. The file P08_18.xlsx contains the work hours reported by a random sample of employees in a typical week. a. Calculate a 95% confidence interval for the mean number of hours worked by the company’s employees in a typical week.
b. Calculate a 95% confidence interval for the standard deviation of the number of hours worked by the com-pany’s employees in a typical week.
c. Given the target range of 40 to 60 hours of work per week, should senior management be concerned about the number of hours their employees are currently devoting to work? Explain how the answers to both parts a and b help to answer this question.
Chapter 8 Q#21 Page 348, use data P02_21.xlsx
21. A real estate agent has collected a random sample of 75 houses that were recently sold in a suburban com-munity. She is particularly interested in comparing the appraised value and recent selling price of the houses in this particular market. The data are provided in the file P08_21.xlsx. Using this sample data, calculate a 95% confidence interval for the mean difference between the appraised values and selling prices of the houses sold in this suburban community. Interpret the confidence inter-val for the real estate agent.
Chapter 8 Q#29 Page 358, No Data Required
29. Elected officials in a California city are preparing the annual budget for their community. They would like to estimate how much their constituents living in this city are typically paying each year in real estate taxes. Given that there are over 100,000 homeowners in this city, the officials have decided to sample a representative subset of taxpayers and study their tax payments. a. What sample size is required to generate a 95% con-fidence interval for the mean annual real estate tax payment with a half-length of $100? Assume that the best estimate of the population standard deviation s is $535.
b. If a random sample of the size from part a is selected and a 95% confidence interval for the mean is calculated from this sample, will the half-length of the confidence interval be equal to $100? Explain why or why not.
c. Now suppose that the officials want to construct a 95% confidence interval with a half-length of $75. What sample size is required to achieve this objective? Again, assume that the best estimate of the population standard deviation s is $535. Explain the difference between this result and the result from part a.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.