1. In each of the following, identify the individuals and the variable of interest, and classify the variable as continuous or discrete:
Lengths of boa constrictors
Lengths of drives using Top Flite golf balls
Colors of 2001 model year automobiles
Telephone numbers of United States residents
Miles per gallon of gasoline for automobiles
2. Suppose you know that 60% of registered voters support the current policy of the United States in Afghanistan. If that is the case, and X is the number of registered voters you will have to interview before finding a supporter of this policy, the probability function for X is given by:
x 1 2 3 4 5 6 or more
p(x) .60 .24 .10 .04 .01 .01
· What is the probability that you find a supporter of the Afghanistan policy in three or fewer tries?
· How likely is it that at least the first five people you interview do not like the current Afghanistan policy?
· What is the mean (expected value) number of voters you would have to interview to find a supporter of the policy? What is the variance?
3. In June 2001, a referendum was held in North Dakota. The question was whether to reverse a previous legislative action which allowed banking companies to employ an opt-out policy regarding their right to sell or otherwise make available information about customers to other companies. An opt-out policy basically forces the customers to actively ask not to have their information distributed by the bank. An opt-in policy forces the banks to ask for permission and not to distribute information unless the customer explicitly says it is okay. In the vote, the legislative action was overturned on a vote of 70% in favor of going back to the previous opt-in law. This action was, to say the least, disappointing to the banks. Suppose the views of the voters of North Dakota are in fact fairly universal, and that a SRS of 2000 people are interviewed.
· What is the expected number of respondents who will agree with the banks? What is the variance?
· What is the probability that at least 1450 of the respondents will side with the majority of the voters of North Dakota?
4. In order to gain acceptance to a medical school, a prospective medical student must take (and do well on) a standardized test called the MCAT. The test has four parts, three of which (physical sciences, verbal reasoning, biological sciences) are multiple choice tests whose scaled scores have range 1 to 15 and mean 8. The standard deviation for each of these three sections is 2. The random variables assigning scaled scores on the three parts are all normal distributions. (The fourth part is a writing sample and is not graded on the same sort of scale. We do not consider this part in this question.)
· Assuming the three random variables P (assigning scaled score on the physical sciences part), V (assigning verbal reasoning scores), and B (assigning biological sciences scores) are independent, what are the mean and standard deviation of the random variable T = P + V + B assigning total score on the three parts?
· Generally, a total score of at least 30 is needed (along with a high gpa) for admission. What proportion of the students taking the exam would be expected to score 30 or higher?
· If Tbar is the distribution of all sample means from samples of size 9 drawn from T, what are the mean and standard deviation of Tbar?
· If the about to graduate group of 9 aspiring medical students at Big State U average a total of 25, would that suggest this school has a stronger pre-med program than average? Explain.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise the quality of our essay services. Our essay helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements in the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all paper writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
MyHomeworkWriters guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy. As such, MyHomeworkWriters ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our writers complete papers strictly according to your instructions and needs, no matter what university, college, or high school you study in.
Our Essay Writing Services
MyHomeworkWriters holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality academic services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements and wait for quality results.
At MyHomeworkWriters, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our essay help service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop essay help services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of essay writing services.