Approaches to Assessment With Culturally Diverse Children and Families
• Jani, J., & Okundaye, J. (2014). The culturagram: An educational tool to enhance practice competence with diverse populations. Journal of Baccalaureate Social Work, 19(1), 53–63. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Congress, E. P., & Kung, W. W. (2013). Using the culturagram to assess and empower culturally diverse families. In Congress, E. P., & Gonzalez, M. J. (Eds.), Multicultural perspectives in social work practice with families (3rd ed., pp. 1–20). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Co.
• Working With Children and Families: The Case of Hamza (PDF)
• Méndez, G. A., & Cole, E. M. (2014). Engaging Latino families in therapy: Application of the tree of life technique. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 25(3), 209–224. doi:10.1080/08975353.2014.939932
Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
• Thomas, C., Medina, C., & Cohen, H. (2010). Latino voices: Service delivery challenges in child protective services. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Social Services, 91(2), 158–164. doi: 10.1606/1044.3894.3975 Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases.
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper and include the following:
· Based on the case study you selected for your Week 1 Discussion, explain the relevance of the Culturagram to assessment.
· Complete a Culturagram diagram (using Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) depicting each of the 10 elements of the culturagram, using information from the case study.
· For any information missing from the case study, indicate two questions you would ask to gather the needed information and why these questions might be relevant for your assessment.
· Include the case study as reference, as well as any additional material used to formulate your assessment questions.
This is the case study that was use last week Working With Children and Families: The Case of Hamza (PDF)
Working With Children and Families:
The Case of Hamza Hamza came to my office after his teacher said he “did not fit” in her classroom. Hamza is the 12-year-old son of a Southeast Asian family who recently moved to a small Midwestern town to join other family members. I was the school social worker, and Hamza arrived in my office on the fourth day of the new school year with a note from the teacher that said, “He doesn’t get along with the other kids in the classroom.” As part of my assessment, I asked the teacher, teacher’s assistant, and Hamza’s parents to complete a child behavior inventory. No specific information came back on the inventories to suggest a problem. At that time, I asked Hamza’s parents and his teacher to attend a case conference. During the conference, Hamza’s parents disclosed their recent immigration and their lack of documentation to remain in the United States. At that point, Hamza’s teacher exclaimed, “I knew it; he should not be here [in the U.S.], and he definitely should not be in my class!” As the school social worker, I felt uncertain how to respond. Hamza’s teacher apparently held animosity toward Hamza and his immigration status. At the same time, Hamza’s educational, emotional, and social well-being was my concern. I was responsible for ensuring a strengths perspective was embraced and surrounded each of our students. In the following weeks, I worked with the teachers and parents to place Hamza’s needs as priority. During the next six weeks, I worked with Hamza’s parents and teachers to acknowledge without compromise the barriers that would exist for Hamza in the education system. The third six weeks brought change. Hamza was encouraged to excel at school, his parents accepted my efforts as the school social worker and the efforts of the teachers, and the district authorities embraced a unified social/emotional educational plan for Hamza, along with other undocumented students.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.