Criminal Justice | Homework Help Websites
Read the Final report of the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing from May 2015 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qkyvcmq379R6_xw-Phd1DhUYgIGmgb2A/view?usp=sharing). Specifically focusing on Pillar One, “Building Trust and Legitimacy,” comment on the key points outlined and their importance. Describe the role that trust plays within a police department and how it impacts a department’s effectiveness and legitimacy. Address concepts from throughout the course such as recruitment, community policing, ethics, and police discretion. Why are trust and legitimacy important to each of these concepts? Bring in outside sources to support your points and provide examples.
FINAL PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
Your paper should:
Be between 1250 and 1750 words (5 to 7 pages) in length.
Include citations and a reference page in APA format.
· Be well developed and convey your understanding of the readings and concepts.
· Be organized, coherent, unified, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
If you have questions about the requirements of the paper, be sure to discuss them with your mentor well in advance of the final submission. Consult the Course Calendar for this paper’s due date. It must be submitted by the last day of the semester.
WRITING AND RESEARCH RESOURCES
The following links provide online writing and research aids to help you with your paper assignments.
· OWL (Online Writing Lab) at Purdue University
· Writer’s Handbook, the Writing Center at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
· Information Literacy for TESU Students (an online guide from the New Jersey State Library to assist you in starting your research, searching databases for articles, citing sources, using ILLiad to request books or articles, etc.)
Copyright © 2018 by Thomas Edison State University. All rights reserved.