Justin was recently referred to the agency where you work as an intake worker for a criminal diversion program (CDP).
The program is for first-time offenders for charges of underage consumption and misdemeanor drug possession. In your role as the mental health professional, one of the tasks you complete with new intake clients is the administration of the University of Rhode Island Individual Change Assessment (URICA).
Using the module’s readings and the research the URICA.
Then, to take the assessment as though you are Justin. Answer the questions the way that you think Justin might answer them as a first-time offender with charges of underage consumption and misdemeanor drug possession.
Create a 5- to 6-page Microsoft Word document, addressing the following:
Apply APA standards to cite the sources.
Applied the score derived from your self-administration of the URICA as Justin to this case, displaying an in-depth analysis of the URICA. 48
Provided recommendations for explaining the URICA and the stages of change to Justin. 32
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. 20
alcohol: urica (university of rhode island change assessment)
This questionnaire is to help us improve services. Each statement describes how a person might feel when starting therapy or approaching problems in their lives. Please indicate the extent to which you tend to agree or disagree with each statement. In each case, make your choice in terms of how you feel right now, not what you have felt in the past or would like to feel. For all the statements that refer to your “problem”, answer in terms of what you write on the “PROBLEM” line below. And “here” refers to the place of treatment or the program.
There are FIVE possible responses to each of the items in the questionnaire:
1 = Strongly Disagree 2 = Disagree 3 = Undecided 4 = Agree 5 = Strongly Agree
1. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have any problems that need changing.
2. I think I might be ready for some self-improvement.
3. I am doing something about the problems that had been bothering me.
4. It might be worthwhile to work on my problem.
5. I’m not the problem one. It doesn’t make much sense for me to be here.
6. It worries me that I might slip back on a problem I have already changed, so I am here to seek help.
7. I am finally doing some work on my problem.
8. I’ve been thinking that I might want to change something about myself.
9. I have been successful in working on my problem but I’m not sure I can keep up the effort on my own.
10. At times my problem is difficult, but I’m working on it.
11. Being here is pretty much a waste of time for me because the problem doesn’t have to do with me.
12. I’m hoping this place will help me to better understand myself.
13. I guess I have faults, but there’s nothing that I really need to change.
14. I am really working hard to change.
15. I have a problem and I really think I should work at it.
16. I’m not following through with what I had already changed as well as I had hoped, and I’m here to prevent a relapse of the problem.
17. Even though I’m not always successful in changing, I am at least working on my problem.
18. I thought once I had resolved my problem I would be free of it, but sometimes I still find myself struggling with it.
19. I wish I had more ideas on how to solve the problem.
20. I have started working on my problems but I would like help.
21. Maybe this place will be able to help me.
22. I may need a boost right now to help me maintain the changes I’ve already made.
23. I may be part of the problem, but I don’t really think I am.
24. I hope that someone here will have some good advice for me.
25. Anyone can talk about changing; I’m actually doing something about it.
26. All this talk about psychology is boring. Why can’t people just forget about their problems?
27. I’m here to prevent myself from having a relapse of my problem.
28. It is frustrating, but I feel I might be having a recurrence of a problem I thought I had resolved.
29. I have worries but so does the next guy. Why spend time thinking about them?
30. I am actively working on my problem.
31. I would rather cope with my faults than try to change them.
32. After all I had done to try to change my problem, every now and again it comes back to haunt me.
Precontemplation items 1, 5, 11, 13, 23, 26, 29, 31
Contemplation items 2, 4, 8, 12, 15, 19, 21, 24
Action items 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 25, 30
Maintenance items 6, 9, 16, 18, 22, 27, 28, 32
The scale is designed to be a continuous measure. Thus, subjects can score high on more than one of the four stages.
Because the scale is still being validated, it is only available for research purposes. Therefore, to date there have been no cut-off norms established to determine what constitutes high, medium or low on a particular stage. And, again, the stages are considered to be continous and not discreet.
In one analysis, we have done cluster analyses which have yielded smaller, more homogenous groups of subjects. Stage scores (i.e., means on each set of 8 items for each subject) have been converted to standard score (i.e., T-scores: mean=50, standard deviation=10). The cluster analysis was run on the standard scores of all 155 subjects, producing nine cluster profiles. For your scoring purposes, you could determine subjects’ stage score (means, T-scores) and compare those to our nine profiles. Or you could do a cluster analysis and find out what profiles emerge from your sample. If you need a discrete measure of the stages for you research, you would have to use a nominal scale for the particular problem you are assessing. An example of such a discrete measure is reported in our article “Stages and Processes of Self-Change of Smoking: Toward an Integrated Model of Change”, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology (1983), 51, 390-395.
We would appreciate feedback and would be interested in your findings. We are expecting to have more cut-off scores for each of the stages in the near future.
McConnaughy, E.N., Prochaska, J.O., & Velicer, W.F. (1983). Stages of change in psychotherapy: Measurement and sample profiles. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice, 20, 368-375. Get Psychology homework help today
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.