Crime-Reduction Strategies Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Imagine that you are the precinct commander of a commercial development district in your city or town. You have been tasked with reducing thefts from vehicles in this area which consist of retail stores, office buildings, medical facilities, and numerous pay-to-park lots.
Develop a crime-reduction strategy consisting of four to five (4-5) pages in which you:
- Analyze the main reasons why vehicle theft crime rate is high in the commercial development district in your city or town. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Suggest at least one (1) alternative intervention tactic for each of the three (3) forms of target selection (i.e., geographic targeting, offense targeting, and offender targeting) as they relate to reducing thefts from vehicles in the commercial development center in the town or city that you live in. Provide a rationale for your response. Note: Refer to Chapter 5 of your text for more information on the three (3) forms of target selection.
- Determine the rough number (e.g., 10-20, 20-30, etc.) of personnel that are needed to implement the suggested intervention from Question 2. Specify the main roles and responsibilities of the personnel and justify your response by using local demographic information.
- Compare and contrast the intervention tactics that you suggested for each of the three (3) forms of target selection; determine which one is the most efficient. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.