The following assignment is based on the business scenario for which you created both an entity-relationship diagram and a normalized database design in Week 2.
For this assignment, you will create multiple related tables that match your normalized database design. In other words, you will implement a physical design (an actual, usable database) based on a logical design.
Refer to the linked W3Schools.com articles “SQL CREATE TABLE Statement,” “SQL PRIMARY KEY Constraint,” “SQL FOREIGN KEY Constraint,” and “SQL INSERT INTO Statement” for help in completing this assignment.
Note: In the industry, even the most carefully thought out database designs can contain mistakes. Feel free to correct in your tables any mistakes you notice in your normalized database design. Also, note that in Microsoft® Access®, you follow the steps below to launch the SQL editor:
Figure 1. To create a SQL query in Microsoft® Access®, begin by clicking the CREATE tab.
1. Use the CREATE TABLE statement to create each table in your design. Note that a table in a RDMS corresponds to an entity in an entity-relationship diagram. Recommended tables for this assignment are CUSTOMER, ORDER, ORDER_DETAIL, PRODUCT, EMPLOYEE, and STORE.
2. As part of each CREATE TABLE statement, define all of the columns, or fields, that you want each particular table to contain. Give them short, meaningful names and include constraints; that is, describe what type of data each column (field) is allowed to hold and any other constraints, such as size, range, or uniqueness.
3. Note that any field you marked as a unique identifier in your normalized database design is a key field. Key fields must be described as both UNIQUE and NOT NULL, which means a value must exist for each record and that value must be unique across all records.
4. After you have created all six tables, including relationships between the tables as appropriate (matching the primary key in one table to a foreign key in another table), use the INSERT INTO statement to insert 10 records into each of your tables. You will need to make up the data you insert into your tables. For example, to insert one record into the CUSTOMER table, you will need to invent a customer number, a customer name, and so on—one value for each of the fields you defined for the CUSTOMER table—to insert into the table.
5. To ensure that your INSERT INTO statements succeeded in populating your tables, use the SELECT statement described in Ch. 7, “Introduction to Structured Query Language,” in Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management.to retrieve the records you inserted. For example, to see all 10 records you inserted into the CUSTOMER table, you might apply the following SQL statement: SELECT * FROM CUSTOMER;
After you have created all six tables and populated ten records in each table, submit to the Assignment Files tab the database containing all of the tables you created, or a Microsoft® Word document listing all of the SQL statements you used.
Copyright© 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.