Course Project Milestone Assignment | Homework Help Websites
March 12th, 2019
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and documentation of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice (PO2).
CO4: Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse (PO7).
Requirements and Guidelines
- Nursing history is being made today by exemplary nurses throughout the world. Select one registered nurse who is creating nursing history to be the subject of this project. This RN must have at least 10 years of RN licensure. The nurse could be a family member; friend; colleague; acquaintance; manager; former instructor; or other nurse who is creating, delivering, or influencing the practice of nursing in your area. Do not select a former or current patient. Remember that a nurse does not have to create a nursing theory, write textbooks, or be the head of a nursing organization to make nursing history. The chief nurse executive who manages to deliver quality care in a small rural hospital with a tiny budget has a story worth telling. The nurse who served in the military has a story that is important to document as nursing history. The staff nurse who consistently provides high quality care is making history. History is not merely the major accomplishments or events; it includes the activities nurses everywhere do in their nursing lives. Milestone 1 is due at the end of Week 2.
- Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the interview will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to the instructor. The interview is not intended for public access.
- Obtain permission from the selected nurse to participate in an interview about his or her
- memories of nursing and nursing education;
- contributions to nursing; and
- persons or events that have influenced his or her nursing practice.
Carefully review the Milestone 1 Grading Rubric. Complete only Milestone 1 requirements at this time.