Cosmic Creation Myths Across Cultures | Online Assignment Help
Table of Contents
Creation Myths Template
Complete Parts 1-4 below.
Part 1: Creation Myths Details
Select two creation myths from two separate cultures.
Complete the chart below with details about your selected myths.
|Name of Creation Myth|
|Culture Associated with Myth|
|Creation of World or Worlds
· Which world or worlds, such as sky, earth, and underworld, are represented in this myth?
· What are the elements of these worlds?
· What are the steps or cycles involved in creation?
· Are the creators male or female?
· What is the significance of the gender(s) represented in the myth?
|Destroyers or Destruction
· What types of destroyers or destruction are included (if applicable)?
· What types of occurrences or natural phenomena like stars, moons, floods, rain, etc. are included in this myth?
Part 2: Comparison of Two Myths
Complete the chart below to compare the two myths you selected. You may add additional rows as needed.
|What elements and themes do the myths have in common?||How are the myths different?|
Part 3: Reflection
Write a 150-word response to each of the following questions:
2. Why do you think cosmic or creation myths are important to a culture? How do they shape a culture’s view of the world?
Part 4: References
List any sources you used to complete this assignment in APA format.