Corporate Finance Assignment/ Professional Essay Writers
Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. Both Amazon and third parties, via the Amazon.com Web site, sell products across various product categories. The following items were adapted from the annual report of Amazon.com for the period ending December 31, 2008:
1. Accounts payable â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ $ 4,687
2. Accounts receivableâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦. 1,031
3. Intangible assetsâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ 598
4. Interest expenseâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ 71
5. Inventoriesâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ 1,399
6. Cost of salesâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦. 14,896
7. Selling general and administrative expensesâ€¦â€¦ 3,428
8. Income tax expenseâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.. 247
9. Net cash provided by operating activitiesâ€¦â€¦â€¦ 1,697
10. Net cash flows used for investing activitiesâ€¦.. 1,199
11. Net salesâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦. 19,166
12. Other incomeâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦. 121
13. Property, plant, and equipmentâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.. 854
14. Purchase of capital stockâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ 89
15. Retained earnings (Jan. 1, 2008)â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ (1,375)
Using the following notations, indicate on which financial statement you would find each of the preceding items. (Note: An item may appear on more than one statement.)
IS Income statement.
RE Retained earnings statement.
BS Balance sheet.
SCF Statement of cash flows. Get FInance Help Today