Cooperative learning environments | Psychology homework help
Due Date: Aug 31, 2016 23:59:59 Max Points: 65
The “Roller Coaster Physics: STEM in Action,” “Animal Patterns: Integrating Science & Art,” and “Table for 22: A Real-World Geometry Project” videos demonstrate effective uses of cooperative learning.
Watch each video and respond to the following questions separately for each video in short-answer format:
- Imagine that you are a student entering the classroom for the first time. How does the setting make you feel?
- What does the classroom tell you about the teacher who designed the environment?
- Does the environment look organized? Why or why not?
- Is the classroom warm and inviting? Cold and strict? What determines this?
- Is this a place where students will be on task?
- Is it colorful and pleasant? What color dominates, if any?
- Is the room tidy?
- What elements indicate that this is a learning environment?
- Is there any indication of humor or celebration about the room?
- Does the room focus on students? Content?
- Does the room help contribute to student motivation?
- Is the room distracting? Would it interfere with focused learning?
- Is the room’s decor age-appropriate?
- Complete the sentence: “Based on the teaching and learning environment, the teacher who works here seems to be …”
- Complete the sentence: “Based on the teaching and learning environment, students in this classroom must … “
In addition, in an essay of 250-500-words, describe three “takeaways” that you will incorporate into your future teaching practices that will help students work productively, explaining how, specifically, you expect the strategies will help the students.
Cite three professional articles or texts that support your claims.