Computer Integrated Software Assignments | Online Homework Help
Computers in Education
A public ISD elementary school in your neighbourhood has received a grant to create a computer lab with Internet access so that students can learn about computers and related technologies. You need to determine the best configuration for setting up a lab with laptops/desktop computers and peripherals for a class of 18 elementary school students and one teacher. Ipad’s are not within the Budget. The specifics of the Project are:
1. Research whether a Mac or PC is more beneficial
- Enumerating the pros and cons of your choice of computers,
- Pros and Cons of Macs and
- Pros and Cons of PCs.
2. Research the application software that should be installed on these computers appropriate for elementary school students
- Details of all the application software giving specific names/titles o how will each software benefit the students
3. Which peripheral devices should be attached to these computers?
- How many will be required to set up the computer lab… ex. Printers, Digital
cameras, Mics, Speakers, any learning devices ……
- Give technical details of all peripherals suggested.
4. A class of 18 might have about 3-4 special needs kids. Plan for at least three kinds of special needs requirement (ex Autism, Vision impaired, Hearing disability, ADHD…)
- the software required to be purchased for special needs students o the hardware required to be purchased for special needs students
Compile all your findings in a PowerPoint Presentation. Please cover all the points mentioned above in detail.