Communication Event Analysis Assignment | Top Universities
A communication event analysis paper focuses on meaningful communication activity, describes it, and analyzes it using a relevant theory or set of theories. The “event” is a communication episode that involves significant interpersonal communication activity. The interpersonal event can be real or one presented via mediated communication, such as film or television.
The paper should include the following:
1. A summary description of the event, i.e., what, when, how the event happened, who was involved, and other pertinent descriptive information (e.g., where it appeared or occurred).
2. Presentation and description of an interpersonal theory from the weekly readings that will be used to analyze the communication event, as well as a rationale (explanation) for using the theory. (Textbook link is below)
3. Application of the theory to the event, in other words, analysis of the event using the theory or theories. A good theoretical analysis of a communication event should provide insights into that event that description alone cannot.
4. Evaluation of the theory’s or theories’ usefulness in understanding the communication event.
5. The discussion should introduce communication concepts from a theory appropriate for analyzing the event and then apply those concepts. For example, a communication incident might be meaningfully understood via small group theories and concepts (groupthink, coalitions), interpersonal theories and concepts (compliance-gaining, self-disclosure), organizational theories and concepts (culture, climate), and so on. This analysis should be specific (rather than generic), thus demonstrating your ability to interpret communication activity in terms of pertinent interpersonal communication theories and concepts. Get English homework help today