Colonial Writing Assignment | Homework Help Websites
For this assignment, compare the differences between the world views of the Puritan writers (such as Rowlandson, Winthrop, and Bradstreet) and Benjamin Franklin, and the differing ways in which they think about becoming a better person and improving society. After comparing, draw a conclusion about the way in which American thinking about Life and the World had begun to change by the time of Franklin.
Your writing should have THREE parts.
- One part should focus on one or more Puritan writers: explain the “world view” and thinking process and show evidence from the text to illustrate the discussion.
- One part should focus on Franklin: explain his “world view “and thinking process and show evidence from his text to illustrate the discussion
- One part should draw a conclusion by comparing the two (above) discussions: what does your analysis reveal about the difference between the way they think about the world? explain your conclusion
Your writing should be about 350 or so words in length. Remeber to use MLA style, clean up and organize your writing, and cite your evidence using MLA in-text style.
The Readings are Below:
- ***”The Autobiography,” Benjamin Franklin, pp440-4; 467-514; 531-46; “The Way to Wealth, pp443-9
- “Letters from an American Farmer, Letter III: What is an American?” J. Hector St. John de Crevecoeur, pp635-46
- The Iroquois Constitution: READ: Sections 1.1, 1.2, 1.3; in Course Documents
- “The Private Journal of a Journey from Boston to New York,” Sarah Kemble Knight, pp610-5
- “Speech to the Osages,” Tecumseh, pp994-
The assignment is actually due today 2/3/2019 by midnight.