Classical School Assignment | College Homework Help
Draft a response to each of the bulleted questions below. Each question must have its own response and have a minimum of 75 words.
1. What principles from the Classical School continue to characterize modern thought on crime?
2. In terms of criminal justice practice and policy, does fulfill one of these principles present problems in fulfilling another?
3. Compare the social structure and social process theories. How do they differ? Related to these theories, can one concept of right and wrong apply to all societies? Why or why not?
4. How do cultural variables influence the definition of crime?
5. What is neoclassical criminology, and how does it differ from the classical perspective? How does it build on it?
6. What are the policy implications of the Classical School, and what kinds of punishment might work best to prevent crime?
7. How strong are research findings linking genetics and crime? What has research studies in the field of genetics had to say about possible causes of crime?
8. What are the shortcomings of biological theories of criminal behavior? Why have biological approaches to crime causation encountered stiff criticism? Get Law homework help today