Chi-square with spss | Mathematics homework help
Chi-Square with SPSS
Calculating a chi-square concludes the types of statistical tests you have learned in this course that you might use in your own research.
To prepare for this Application:
· Review the assigned pages from Chapter 19 in the course text Research Methods in the Social Sciences.
· Review the video program for this week, located in the Learning Resources.
· Review Lessons 40, 41, 42, and 44 in the course text Using SPSS for Windows and Macintosh: Analyzing and Understanding Data.
· Access the gss04student_corrected dataset in the Course Information area of the classroom to use for this Application
· Craft up to a one page double-spaced write up of the statistical results (include any additional pages needed for any APA tables or graphs and the SPSS syntax and output) in which you do the following:
o State the statistical assumptions for this test.
o Using the data set you have selected, choose independent and dependent variables.
o Develop the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
o Use SPSS to calculate a chi-square.
o Decide whether to reject or retain the null hypothesis.
o Generate syntax and output files in SPSS. You will need to copy and paste these into your Application document.
o Based on your SPSS analysis, report the results using correct APA format. Your report should include the following:
§ SPSS syntax and output files