Challenges of Expansion to a Foreign Location Assignments | Online Homework Help
Purpose of Assignment
This week students will review and revise their Week 3 Research Analysis for Business assignment based on economic analysis and the feedback provided by their facilitator. Students will also expand their Week 3 analyses to evaluate the challenges of expanding their chosen company’s production to a foreign market.
The focus is on the department store “Rite-Aid” expanding into Mexico.
Prepare a minimum 6 slide PowerPoint Presentation to deliver in class addressing the points listed below. The use of tables and/or charts to display economic data over a 10 year time period discussed is highly encouraged, you may submit any economic data in Microsoft Excel format in a separate file. You may use the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), U.S. Dept. of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), the Federal Reserve of St. Louis’s FRED data, the CIA World Fact Book, World Bank data, and World Trade Organization, or other appropriate sources you might find on the Internet or in the University Library. The new sections of your report should:
Click Here to Place Order
- Evaluate current global economic conditions and their effects on macroeconomic indicators in your selected country. Provide forecasts for population growth, gross domestic product (GDP) growth, GDP per capita growth, export growth, and sales growth.
- Evaluate any competitors’ existing production in the chosen country.
- Assess sales forecasts in the selected country by using the Federal Reserve of St. Louis’s FRED data, the CIA World Fact Book, World Bank data, World Trade Organization, or other appropriate sources you might find on the Internet or in the University Library.
- Categorize the type of economy that exists in your selected country as closed, mixed, or market. What is the difference between these types of economies and how might this affect your expansion?
- Assess how your chosen country’s current credit market conditions, especially interest rates and the availability of financing, affect demand for your product or service and your planning or operating decision for your production in that country.
Include speaker notes with each slide, and format the references according to APA format