Here are several tips for successfully completing this case study.
· You should incorporate information from the textbook, the lectures, and maybe the discussions to support your position. In other words, tell me more than just your opinion. Provide some relevant facts from the course material to support your position.
· Utilize the LexisNexis database in the DeVry University Online Library to help you research this project. Try the Advanced Search area and look up laws, news, and law reviews using combinations of keywords like social media, Facebook, NLRB, and concerted activity.
The Internet also has a wealth of information on this topic, and you should use these sources to supplement your assignment if you desire. On the Course Resources page under Modules there is a number of websites that you can use to help you complete this assignment. If you research your own Internet sources, be cautious about your sources. Make sure that the site is from a reputable organization. There is an expectation that at least some citations and references are used for all assignments.
Week 2 Case Study: Social Media Policies, Concerted Activity, and HR Management
In the last few years, companies have begun initiating and implementing social media policies for their employees to follow. These policies range from encouraging employees to utilizing social media for marketing purposes, to restricting the use of social media for employees in order to ensure that they do not hurt the company image. As these policies become more widespread, both the Society for Human Resource Management and the NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) have become concerned about the limits on speech and activity that employers are imposing on their workers. Further, in some states, laws are being passed to protect employees and potential employees from being required to disclose social media passwords during job interviews or after hire. Finally, many ethical concerns are being raised about the use of social media as a method of doing quick, informal background checks on potential hires or current employees.
For your homework this week, research the following questions and provide your findings in answers that are long enough to sufficiently answer the questions (about 2–3 good paragraphs each). Provide citations in APA style for each of your answers. Use APA formatting in your Word document that you submit. Save your file with your last name in the filename, please. Let your professor know if you have questions!
Questions to Research and Answer
The NLRB has made findings regarding the use of employee posts on social media sites to discipline or terminate those employees. Typically, these cases occur when an employee posts negative information about his or her current employer or boss. Sometimes, these are public, and other times, the employer uses spies or fake friending to see the Facebook page of the employee.
1. Find at least one case or article online regarding this topic, and briefly explain the facts of the case, and the determination of the NLRB as to whether the employee was properly or improperly disciplined or terminated as a result of his or her use of social media to complain about, criticize, or publicly bash his or her company or boss. Provide the citation to the article that you discover. (Use the term concerted activity in your query or search to help you find one of these cases.) (50 points)
2. Do you agree with the decision of the NLRB or court in the case that you described in Question #1 above? Why or why not? (1–3 paragraphs). (20 points)
3. Assume that this case happened at a place where you have worked in the past, or where you work now (or want to work.) Give an example of how the decision in the case above could lead to better or worse employee relations in your company. (30 points)
4. Explain how you would communicate this decision to your employees or supervisors (depending on the decision you have selected) to ensure that situations like this do not occur again. In your answer, determine whether or not you feel a social media policy is a good method. If so, list at least three things you would include in your policy and why you would include them. If you do not feel a social media policy is appropriate, explain why you would not implement one (give at least two valid reasons). (3–4 paragraphs) (35 points)
To ensure that your paper isn’t flagged in Turnitin.com, do NOT copy and paste the questions into your paper. Instead, set up headings for each section where you answer the questions, using good APA form. Please title your assignment with your last name and week number (for example, Smith Week1.docx).
Submit your assignment.
I will grade your assignment and post the grade and comments in the Gradebook (Grades). Please let me know if you have any questions!
Please use APA formatting in your papers this term. There is an APA handbook and tutorial links in the Syllabus. Our online librarians and Tutor Source are also good places for APA help
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.