Case study: diagnosis and treatment recommendations
LASA 2: Case study: Diagnosis and Treatment Recommendations
This assignment is designed to help you synthesize the course material and apply the material in creating an assessment, and generating a diagnosis, as well as treatment recommendations.
Read the case study provided and write a clinical report which includes:
- A summary of the major issues facing the client needing to be addressed.
- A working diagnosis for the client (with diagnostic summary and rationale) utilizing the following information from the CAGE screening tool and case history information.
- A Mental Status Exam which applies the information from the case history.
- Detailed treatment recommendations determining which modality (family, individual, group, or couples) is most appropriate for this client. Be sure to provide the rational for your choice by integrating information from the case summary.
- Recommendations on whether individual is a good candidate for treatment placement (inpatient, residential, or outpatient) and an analysis of the pros and cons for your selection based on a summary of the issues.
Your paper should be at least 4 pages long. Remember to include a cover page and reference page, and to support your arguments with information drawn from the online content, the textbook, and other credible, scholarly sources to substantiate the points you are making. Apply APA standards for writing and citations to your work.
Submit your response to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox by Monday, August 15, 2016. Name your assignment as follows: LastName_FirstInitial_PSY494_M5A1.doc
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Provides a summary of the major issues facing the client that need to be addressed.||
|Provides working diagnosis for the client (with diagnostic summary and rationale) utilizing the CAGE assessment and case history provided.||
|Applies information from the case history to complete a Mental Status Exam.||
|Provides thorough treatment recommendations with rationale determining which modality (family, individual, group, or couples) is most appropriate for this client.||
|Provides recommendations on whether individual is a good candidate for treatment placement (inpatient, residential, or outpatient.) Includes a summary of issues and pros and cons of the selection.||
|Organization (16 points): Introduction, Thesis, Transitions, and Conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, Spelling, and Sentence structure
APA Elements (16 points): Attribution, Paraphrasing, and Quotations
Style (16 points): Audience, and Word Choice