Scenario: AC is a 15-year-old Caucasian female who comes in with her aunt for an annual exam. The aunt reports AC has been “acting strange, staying in her room all the time and refusing to do all the things she used to enjoy like singing in the youth choir”. Aunt shares that AC’s mother is a drug addict is currently incarcerated, so she is worried AC is using drugs and wants her tested for drugs. AC is not on any medications. She is obese and does not make eye contact when you enter the room.
1. Provide an explanation of the specific socioeconomic, spiritual, lifestyle, and other cultural factors associated with the patient you were assigned.
2. Explain the issues that you would need to be sensitive to when interacting with the patient, and why.
3. Provide at least five targeted questions you would ask the patient to build his or her health history and to assess his or her health risks.
More Info on assignment requirements:
1. Reflect on the specific socioeconomic, spiritual, lifestyle, and other cultural factors related to the health of the patient assigned to you.
2. Consider how you would build a health history for the patient.
3. What questions would you ask, and how would you frame them to be sensitive to the patient’s background, lifestyle, and culture?
4. Develop five targeted questions you would ask the patient to build his or her health history and to assess his or her health risks.
5. Think about the challenges associated with communicating with patients from a variety of specific populations.
6. What strategies can you as a nurse employ to be sensitive to different cultural factors while gathering the pertinent information?
You may clearly understand what an essay is and have had the experience of writing a number. However, it is […]
The day inevitably comes; you need to submit your assignment. You have been procrastinating on writing your paper until the […]
Choosing a paper topic can be a daunting task for any assignment. A student may face agony trying to come […]
The media is an integral part of modern society. Think of what would happen to the world if there were […]
A hypothesis is a statement that can be proven by scientific research. It proves the theory of action and reaction, […]