Case study 2: bullying: the amanda todd story
Due Week 8 and worth 130 points
Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among today’s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only fifteen (15) years old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year.
Watch the video titled “Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm” (8 min 55 s).
Video Source: ChisVideos. (2012, October 11). Amanda Todd’s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm [Video file]. Retrieved from ;
This video can be viewed from within your online course shell.
Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on bullying cases that occur today.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe at least two (2) types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected.
- Identify at least three (3) consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
- Recommend two (2) strategies that you believe Amanda’s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amanda’s suicide.
- Compare at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
- Explain the key contributing factors that you believe led to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three (3) ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.