Careers In Neuroscience Assignment | Top Essay Writing
Careers in Neuroscience
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 1 in the text and review the required websites for the week including the NeuroJobs Career Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..In your initial post, discuss a potential career path that interests you in an area of neuroscience and share your answers to the following questions with your classmates:
- Why does this career path or position interest you?
- What brain functions and neuroscience most interest you and why? Select one or more from the following list:
- Neurobiological theories that explain dysfunctions in vision, language, memory, emotion, and behavior networks
- Receptor and neurotransmitter theory in relation to behavior
- Laboratory studies of brain chemicals or structural abnormalities
- Disorders of language or visuospatial functioning
- Disorders of memory
- Disorders of development (e.g., attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Disorders of aging (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia)
- What academic training is required?
- Are there additional requirements (clinical practicum, research background)?
- What types of employment opportunities are available in this area?
Guided Response: Review several of your classmate’s posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week who have picked a different career path than you. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful and interactive discourse in this discussion. In your response, list at least one potential barrier to your colleague’s career choice (e.g., cost, length of education, future job prospects) and how this barrier could be overcome. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post. Get Psychology homework help today