capital project controls and reporting
- MUST BE UNDER 10% SIMILARITY score
- MUST MEET deadline
- I am looking for a completed paper on time with low similarity score, not a refunded downpayment becuase the paper is unfinished or has been plagiaized.
- Please read instructions of assigment before agreeing to do it
- Please use attached excel doc. to answer questions
- Paper must be min. 3 pages APA format
- must include reference page
Assume that you applied for a position in UPC’s (fictitious firm) internal audit department after 5 years in the finance department. As a senior internal auditor, one of your assignments is to design and implement controls over capital budgets and review control effectiveness. Your company is required by the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) to report material weaknesses in internal controls.
You created the attached spreadsheet to verify the growth rate used in calculating cost of capital. You identified many inconsistencies with the data used by the finance department. The discrepancies led to a higher cost of capital for the truck replacement project. Therefore, UPC decided to lease trucks instead. Further, you are aware that the finance director is the one who approves capital projects and makes procurement and leasing decisions. The finance director owns a truck leasing company, and proposals have been received from his leasing company.
Your have been instructed to respond to the following tasks:
- Identify and explain 5 or more audit objectives for UPC’s capital plans.
- Provide a report of your audit, and discuss any SOX reportable issues.
- Recommend internal controls to address identified and perceived control weakness in UPC capital plans.
- Some managers have complained that the process of accepting projects does not consider qualitative factors. What qualitative factors will you recommend? Are there any associated risks?