Calculations and Visuals Assignments | Online Homework Help
Create at least three visuals.
- One visual must be a scatter plot with the trend line, equation, R2 value, and prediction value.
- Two of the remaining required visuals can be of the following format: histogram, box and whisker plot, or pie chart.
- Please note that the data set that you chose in Week 2 includes data that will not be needed to create your visuals. Quantitative reasoning requires critical thinking to decide what data is necessary.
Create a Microsoft® Word document that includes your three visuals and the following items:
- Title of your project and the scenario you are addressing
- Brief description of each visual (15 to 50 words)
- Consider including the following for each visual when applicable:
- A chart title that is appropriate for the data
- A descriptive x-axis label
- A descriptive y-axis label
- For your xy scatter plot, make at least one prediction using the trend line equation for a date in the future. How confident are you in this prediction? State your prediction and provide justification (50 to 150 words).
- If you created a box and whisker plot, describe the central tendency of the values. What does this tell you about the data and about your project?
- Calculate the mean of the sample data.
Social Sciences Scenario
Topic 4 Predicting Teen Communication Preferences
Scenario 4 Review the data on communication preferences with teens. Predict how many high school teens will prefer to use face-to-face communication in 2018.
Year Communication Preference Age School Level Number of Teens
2000 Face to Face Teen HS 87
2001 Face to Face Teen HS 98
2002 Face to Face Teen HS 86
2003 Face to Face Teen HS 76
2004 Face to Face Teen HS 55
2005 Face to Face Teen HS 49
2006 Face to Face Teen HS 50
2007 Face to Face Teen HS 43
2008 Face to Face Teen HS 42
2009 Face to Face Teen HS 36
2010 Face to Face Teen HS 23
2011 Face to Face Teen HS 30
2012 Face to Face Teen HS 15
2013 Face to Face Teen HS 13
2014 Face to Face Teen HS 8
2015 Face to Face Teen HS 5