Caamfest paper | English homework help
5-6 pages typed double-spaced (not including bibliography and/or endnotes), no larger than 12-point type, please. Please be sure your paper is the full length required.
- Please allow plenty of time to upload your paper. No late papers will be accepted for this assignment.
- Please upload to turnitin on ilearn
- Please bring your ticket stub or other proof of attendance/purchase to class by Tues. Ap. 4. Please give it to your IA to check off.
Attend one screening (from the programs listed below ONLY) at the CAAMfest.
It will be held in San Francisco from March 9-19, 2017. There are also limited screenings in Oakland.
For film descriptions, schedule and ticket information visit:
Please write about one of the films below in response to the following topic:
Early Asian American filmmakers made films for a number of reasons.
Describe one of those reasons and show how the film you select reflects that reason.
- Please underline your thesis statement. Clearly explain your thesis statement and use specific examples to support it. You will be marked down without a clear thesis statement.
- Please use examples from your reading and from lecture as well as from the films to support your case. Your responses should be based on readings, class lecture and discussion.
- Cite each film’s full title, director and year of completion the first time you mention it.
- Please list works cited at the end of your paper.
- Credit any sources not your own with citations or footnotes. Improper citation will be regarded as plagiarism and no credit will be given for the paper.
Questions? Email me at [email protected]
Attend one program from the list below. Do not write about any other films in the film festival.
THE TIGER HUNTER
WHO IS ARTHUR CHU?
WINDOW HORSES: THE POETIC PERSIAN EPIPHANY OF ROSIE MING
THE CHINESE EXCLUSION ACT
RABBIT IN THE MOON
WHEN RABBIT LEFT THE MOON
GOOD LUCK SOUP
POI E: THE STORY OF OUR SONG
VISIONS IN THE DARK: THE LIFE OF PINKY THOMPSON
THE PEOPLE’S HOSPITAL
CHEE AND T
95 AND 6 TO GO
RANDOM ACTS OF LEGACY
Shorts programs (pick three films from one of these shows to write about)
For The Faint Of Heart
In The Mood For Love . . . Maybe