You are the accountant working for a large brick-and-mortar flower store and your boss have recently chartered you to start the project that would take the flower shop online. You are now tasked with build a data model that supports the business of an online flower store.
Your boss browsed a few online flower shops and have decided the some basic requirements:
1. Online store must be able to support 2 types of customers, business and retail.
2. Customers must be able to choose flower based on different occasions
3. Customer should be able to determine whether flower is a gift, place a note with each order, delivery options, and specifies the exact date for the delivery
You need to do the following tasks:
1. State your business functions and assumptions. For example, to support searching flower by occasion, many flowers can be used for one occasion (such as birthday) and one flower may be suitable for several occasions (such as birthday and mother’s day). For each order, a customer may order more than one product but each order will be delivered to only one receiver in one location. (30%)
2. Build an E-R model. Identify major entities, their identifiers, attributes, and relationships. Indicate cardinalities for both sides of each relationship. Draw an E-R diagram using word processing or any drawing package. (70%)