ORIGINAL WORK IS A MUST!!!
PLEASE NOTE: All exams will be submitted to Turnitin for plagiarism checks prior to grading
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW, A minimum of 6 references with in text citation is needed from the course material provided below.
Step 1: Instructions
You have between Thursday 12:00 a.m. and Saturday, 10:00 p.m. eastern time to complete the final exam. If the exam is turned in after the due date, the Late Assignment policy applies. No exam will be accepted after 10:00 p.m. eastern time on the last day of class.
Students will answer in a question-answer format (only the question element and not the scenario). To answer these questions, you are required to do some external research but will also draw from the course material especially from the first several weeks of the course. All source materials must be properly cited using the APA. Not using the course material will negatively impact the grade.
Step 2: Answer the Following
QUESTION 1- Obligation to Protect Consumers’ Personal/Financial Information
Disclosing our personal and financial information to corporations via online portals, apps and websites has become a necessity of modern life and can hardly be described as optional. Whether we are communicating with our doctors, booking a hotel room or buying a school textbook, online disclosure of personal and financial information is required. Even our employers are requiring us to disclose our personal and financial data to human resource contractors.
Hacking and theft of our personal and financial information is also a fact of modern life. We are understandably angry when we learn that corporations who gathered our personal and financial information did not sufficiently invest in cybersecurity safeguards to prevent hacking.
A federal court has decided that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has authority to regulate and punish corporations as it pertains to protection of our personal and financial data. In a first of its kind case, the FTC fined Wyndham Worldwide Corporation for lax cybersecurity, leading to three (3) hacking incidents in two (2) years. Please review the link below regarding the case.
Fair, L. (2015, August 25). Third Circuit rules in FTC v. Wyndham case. Federal Trade Commission. Retrieved from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjKpoCI3fzfAhWmmOAKHUDZAowQFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ftc.gov%2Fnews-events%2Fblogs%2Fbusiness-blog%2F2015%2F08%2Fthird-circuit-rules-ftc-v-wyndham-case&usg=AOvVaw2JbjEkM8nbiBLsYFnpuzZX
Many companies believe they should not be required to disclose hacking incidents to their affected customers. Additionally, many companies argue that it is unfair to be fined by the FTC when hackers steal information.
1. Discuss the arguments corporations can make in support of their position that they do not have a duty to disclose hacking incidents to their affected customers?
2. Explain why the court in FTC v. Wyndham Worldwide Corporation agreed that the FTC was justified in fining Wyndham Worldwide Corporation?
QUESTION 2 – Child Labor and Cultural Relativism
Those living in wealthy countries nearly universally condemn businesses that employ impoverished children under the age of 14 in poor countries. Contrarily, families living in poor countries are grateful that businesses come to their countries and offer work to their children.
1. Explain why this division of opinion is a classic example of cultural relativism?
2. Presenting supporting and opposing arguments (for and against), discuss why a business headquartered in a wealthy nation can employ children under the age of 14?
3. Discuss what specific standards and restrictions should govern the practice of using child labor.
Step 3: Review the Exam
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
· Read the paper aloud as a first measure;
· Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a second measure.
Step 4: Submit the exam in the Assignment Folder (The exam submitted to the Assignment Folder will be considered the student’s final product and therefore ready for grading by the instructor. It is incumbent upon the student to verify the assignment is the correct submission. No exceptions will be considered by the instructor).
How to Set Up the Exam
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will cover all questions provided, not less than 6 and should not exceed 8 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. Write clearly and concisely with complete sentences and indented paragraphs.
Completing the Exam
In order to complete this exam, you will want to first read the module, Learn How to Support What You Write, as this assignment requires you to use the course material and research to support what you write. Also,
· Read and use the grading rubric while completing the exam to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
· Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
· Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
· Paraphrase and do not use direct quotation marks. Paraphrase means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Instead put a passage from a source document into your own words and attribute the passage to the source document. Not using direct quotation marks means that there should be no passages with quotation marks and instead the source material is paraphrased as stated above. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
· You are expected to use the case scenarios, research and weekly course material to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. Material used from a source document must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
· Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
· The only book you may use is the course eBook. You may not use a dictionary or Wikipedia.
· Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented. If the eBook does not have pages, provide the chapter title and topic heading. Note that this is not an APA requirement but an Attention to Instructions requirement.
COURSE MATERIAL, WHICH CAN ALL BE GOOGLED. PLEASE PROVIDE AT LEAST 6 REFERENCES WITH CITATIONS FROM THE COURSE MATERIAL
Emerging Technologies, Data Protection & Privacy
Theme 1: Emerging Technology
Jennifer Golbeck The curly fry conundrum Why social media likes say more than you might think
Bias already exists in search engine results, and it’s only going to get worse
Facebook has revealed the hyper-specific internal rules it uses to police content
Net neutrality rules are likely doomed, but the debate isn’t going away
California is on the verge of passing a sweeping new online privacy law targeting Facebook, Google and other tech giants
Theme 2: Data Protection
The Complicated Ethics of Data-Breach Disclosure
Equifax Breach Exposed More Consumer Data Than First Disclosed
The cost of data security: Are cybersecurity investments worth it?
The ethics of Hacking 101
US v Europe – a cultural gap on the right to be forgotten
Tracking The Trackers
What happens to your digital assets when you die?
Theme 3: Privacy
· Technology as a Threat to Privacy: Ethical Challenges to the Information Profession
· FDA medical device plan zeros in on cybersecurity, public-private partnership
· Ethics and advanced medical devices: Do we need a new approach?
Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights—not the law
European Union hits Google with record $5 billion fine in Android antitrust case
The 10 Biggest Data Breaches of 2018… So Far
Marketing, Brand Protection, Food Production, Agribusiness & Obesity
Theme 1: Ethical Issues Related to Marketing
Offensive/Exploitive/Insensitive/Violent—short of illegal
· The Most Offensive Urban Outfitters Products to Ever Exist
· Sorry About That: Wells Fargo to End Ads Suggesting Science Over Arts
· Update: Hyundai Apologizes For Car Ad Depicting Attempted Suicide
· Ikea apologises over removal of women from Saudi Arabia catalogue
False Claims to Making One Healthier, Richer, Younger–illegal
· 14 False Advertising Scandals That Cost Brands Millions
· Controversial Lollipop Ad Goes Up in Times Square
· FTC to Crack Down on Deceptive Weight-Loss Ads
· The fall of “anti-aging” skin care
· FTC Action Puts Deceptive Marketer Out of the Debt Relief Business
· Federal Trade Commission Act Section 5: Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices
Exploitive/Dangerous to Children & Vulnerable Populations
· Exploitative Advertising Campaigns are Targeting our Children
· Monster drinks: Are the energy drinks marketed to children?
· E-Cigarette Ads Target Millions of Kids, CDC Says
· Study eyes candy-flavored e-cigarette ads targeted to kids
Stealth Advertising/Conflicts of Interest/Biased Reviewers
· Astroturfing: Government shills are flooding the web
· The Never-Ending War on Fake Reviews
· The Real Problem with Mommy Bloggers
Theme 2: Ethical Issues Related to Brand Protection
Controversial Ingredients and Testing of Ingredients
· Controversial caffeinated products
· 5 Lessons Learned From Mattel’s Lead Paint Crisis
· Doing Well By Doing Good
· Choking Hazards: Are Current Product Testing Methods for Small Parts Adequate?
· Animal Antibiotics
Assembly & Manufacturing Problems
· An Empirical Examination of a Multinational Ethical Dilemma: The Issue of Child Labor
· Ethical diamonds: What Conscientious Consumers Need to Know
· Conflict Minerals and Firms’ Ignorance Over Their Supply Chains
· Tim Cook to talk consumer privacy and data ethics at European data protection conference later this month
· Uber’s Surge Pricing: Is it Ethical?
Theme 3: Ethical Issues Related to Food & Drink Production
· At sentencing, cantaloupe growers apologize for deadly listeria outbreak
· For first time, company owner faces life sentence for food poisoning outbreak
· Business Ethics Alive: Blue Bell vs Peanut Corporation of America
· 2.5 million pounds of taquitos recalled for salmonella, listeria concerns
Ethical Theories/ Wall Street, Banks and Financial Fairness
Theme 1: The Importance of Ethical Theory to Making Ethical Decisions in Business
The study of concepts such as justice, good and evil behavior, moral right and wrong, values and mores have been the fodder of theologists, philosophers and legal scholars for centuries. Understanding some of the major theories will help to answers ethical dilemmas that occur in the workplace today.
The Business Ethics Workshop (2012) Washington, DC: The Saylor Foundation
· Chapter 3: Theories of Consequence Ethics: Traditional Tools for Making Decisions in Business When the Ends Justify the Means (pages 91-125
The Business Ethics Workshop (2012) Washington, DC: The Saylor Foundation
· Chapter 4: Theories Responding to the Challenge of Cultural Relativism (pages 137-176)
Aristotle & Virtue Theory
Kantian Ethics in a Nutshell: The Moral Philosophy of Immanuel Kant
[For additional information on ethical theories, see Course Resources under Content]
Theme 2: Ethical Issues Surrounding Banking & Investment Activity
· The two-year Wells Fargo horror story just won’t end
· Tippee Insider Trading after Newman and Salman : Why Knowledge Is Not Always Your
· Insider Trading: Examining Tipper and Tippee Liability
· 60 Minutes Flash Boys – High Frequency Trading
· Socially-Responsible Investing for Long Term Safety and Returns: Tom Van Dyck at TEDxNewWallStreet
· Why Creating Wealth Is Not Exploitative
· What’s in a Name? Regulation Best Interest v. Fiduciary
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.