Business Assignment | Buy Assignments Online
Include the following in your outline:
- Name of enzyme you will use
- Name of organism (if applicable)
- The substrate and products in the chemical reaction
- Method for measuring enzyme activity
- Treatment: acidic fluid(s), pH, length of exposure, how you will treat your samples
- The control(s) in the experiment
- How you will present your data (table and/or type of graph)
- Anything else you would like to get feedback on before you start your experiment
Write a lab report that includes the following:
1. Title page: descriptive title, your name, course name, semester
2. Introduction: general background information about enzymes and specific information about your chosen enzyme, the question(s) that you are asking and a clear hypothesis for your experiment (20 points).
3. Design an experiment. Provide a detailed description of the materials and methods used to conduct the experiment. Identify control and experimental samples, as well as independent and dependent variables. Also include the methods used for data collection and analysis (20 points).
4. Conduct the experiment and record your results. Take picture(s) of your results. What did you observe? Present your data in table and/or graph format. Remember to label everything and include the unit of measure with all numbers (20 points)
5. Use your knowledge of enzymes and pH to interpret and discuss your results. It may be necessary for you to refer to the text book and course modules, lab manual and/or use additional information resources. What effect does the acidic treatment have on enzyme activity? Did you get the expected results? Explain. (20 points)
6. State a specific and accurate conclusion. Is your hypothesis supported by the results? Looking back, how could you have improved your experiment? (10 points)
7. Include a list of references to all information sources used in APA format (5 points).