Business and Finance Assignment | Homework Help Websites
Begin your preparation work for this assessment by selecting a business-related topic. This can be a business topic you would like to research to gain new insight that will be helpful to you in your current work environment, or it might simply be a business topic you are interested in. Some examples of business topics include:
- Workplace diversity.
- Management techniques.
- Marketing trends.
- Change management.
As you choose your topic, think about how knowing more about that topic will improve your career or advance your organization’s mission. Selecting an appropriate topic will enable you to develop a sound argument that is supported by expert knowledge.
Once you have your topic, think about a problem or challenge associated with that topic. For example, if your topic is workplace diversity, the associated problem might be the challenge faced by organizations in creating a productive, healthy, and supportive work environment.
Next, research your topic and problem. Locate 3–7 expert resources on the topic. The resources you choose will help you to define the focus of your research and writing. For example, if your topic is workplace diversity and your problem is how organizations can create a productive and supportive work environment, your research may lead you to focus on how company policies can influence the work environment. Your research should also help you develop possible solutions to the problem.
Now, suppose the topic and problem you have selected are also primary concerns for your organization’s leadership. You have been asked to research the topic and problem and prepare a presentation for the executive board that includes your evaluation of the problem and your recommendation for a solution.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation on the business topic and the problem you selected. Use the notes feature of each slide to expand your bullet points and reference your resources. You must still follow APA guidelines for your in-text citations and all references. Be sure you include a title slide and reference slide.
Within the body of your PowerPoint, complete the following:
- Define the problem.
- Explain how the problem affects the organization.
- Outline possible solutions to the problem that you found in your research.
- Explain the advantages and limitations of each solution.
- Recommend the solution you feel is best for the company.
- Explain how your solution will result in sustainability for the company.
- Justify your recommendation.
- Formatting: APA formatted, including a title slide and reference page slide.
- Follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references.
- References: Use 3–7 current scholarly or professional resources.
- SlideShow length: 8–10 slides, in addition to the title slide and reference slide.
- Consider your audience and develop your presentation accordingly.