Business 101 | English homework help
1. My views for drug testing in a workplace are that I strongly agree that it is very necessary to have a drug test for any and all jobs. I believe that if you are going to work whether its making food or operating machines or any other job you need to be sober and be on top of things and not risk any chance of something bad happening. It may only be an accisent but dpending what happend it can ruin your life forever. Also drugs can make people go crazy or do things that are not normal, and you have to be actually there in your mind and physically to do things right. If an employer asked me to do a drug test i would have no problem taking one, because i know that i dont do them because they are very bad and are not worth getting into.
2. I think drug testing in the work place is very acceptable. If you are prescribed medication, most places ask you in the application/interview if you are, and if its later on in the job there are forms you can fill out as well that makes those okay. But other things, (abuse of prescription drugs/street drugs) are not only illegal but dangerous depending on your job situation. As long as they are being up front about it, like giving a warning that there will be random drug tests, or if they are testing someone specific they need reasoning, or if they do it on a schedule it needs to be fair and for everyone. If my employee asked me to submit a drug test, I would have no problem doing it.
3. I believe that drug testing in the work place should be more prominent. Especially when a company says that they have a no influential drug policy but don’t ever do the random drug testing. Sometimes the only time that they do the drug testing is because of an accident, such as a forklift accident for example. I have too many times heard about people being under the influence while at work, and I have seen effects of it myself. I believe that when you have a job and get told the rules that it should be very easy to figure out not to be under the influence while at work. If my employer asked me to submit to a drug test I would do it without any resistance. I have no problem if an employer wants to do a random drug screening on employees.
4. Honestly, I think employers have the write to drug test. You are working under them, they are paying you to do your job so I believe that you should abide by their rules. If they don’t want their employees involved in any drug activity then that’s their choice. If you don’t choose to participate then I think you should work somewhere else. Typically employers will only drug test their employers if there is something that makes them think you may fail, however some bigger employors (like boeing) will randomly drug test. If my employer asked me to take a drug test I willing would since I don’t involve myself in illegal substances, (even weed), so have nothing to hide.
5. I think drug tests are exactly what employers need to protect themselves, their company, and their staff. I am also ok with random or unplanned drug tests. It is a way to ensure that everyone is safe and that the representation of the company is at its best. If someone is found to be taking drugs, it may conflict with the code of ethics and could result in disastrous measures. For example, a former employee of a company had a drug addiction and ended up totaling a company car. The sign were there and nobody took action. A drug test could have confirmed the suspicions and possibly prevented the cost and liability from happening along with destruction of the company’s reputation.
6. I believe that drug testing in the workplace is a very good practice. I believe this because if someone is high, then there is no way they can be the best worker they can be. Also, if I was a business owner and an employee was spending the money I paid them on illegal drugs, I would feel bad about myself because I am very against the illegal drug trade. The only exception to drug testing in the workplace would be for employees over the age of 21, which is the legal age (in Washington), to use marijuana.
give a 3-4 sentences reply to each these answer!