Bus 210 week 5 knowledge check study guide
1. The main objective of the contingency theory of leadership is to choose a leadership approach which matches the characteristics of the employees and
2. Based on the contingency theory of leadership, the leadership approach a manager should choose is contingent on two factors. Which of the following is one of these factors?
3. What work attitude would a leader promote to influence his or her worker?
4. Which of the five sources of a leader’s power would be demonstrated by a leader with rightful authority to direct and control an employee’s activities?
5. What form of business communication offers the highest form of persuasive communication?
6. Which of the following in the best example of active listening?
7. What political tactic is used by a manager that seeks to find partners, either within or outside of his or her company, to achieve desired goals?
8. What political tactic would a manager be using if they collected and distributed accurate information to support the course of action for his or her team to use?
9. Which approach to leadership would incorporate clear work rules and procedures and link incentives directly to performance?
10. Which of the four leadership approaches would incorporate employee involvement with scheduling and the daily operation?
11. Which of the four leadership approaches would incorporate clear work rules and procedures and link incentives directly to performance?
12. What form of business communication offers the least suitable form of persuasive communication?
13. What political tactic is used by a manager who has knowledge and expertise that no one else has?