budgeting process and procedures | Business & Finance homework help
My professor had sent his comments on Unilever the company that Richard Elliot wrote the annotated outline for. Please read his comments and the requirements for the new assignment and i want Richard Elliot to continue working on it. The professor comments are:”Nice cover – provides a good start but I think you should read the structure of a professional report in the General Chat section of the Discussion Board – then you will add and index and pagination. You keep to the given outline and have outlined the contents of the paragraphs. You do not have the required paragraph on sources (not just the references). Looks promising – good work”.
* This is his instructions on writing professional report:
Students in this course ask about the structure of a concise professional report. From my perspective the report will to some extent follow the nature of subject matter. However there is a generally accepted structure for professional/business reports.
This structure should help you to come up with a default standard to which you will add your personal elements. The main reason for providing this structure is to help you have an acceptable structure and so that you do not omit any key element when you put together your Final Project..
A concise professional report usually includes:
- Cover/Title page
- Index/Table of contents (with page/paragraph numbers)
- Executive summary
- Body/follows a given outline (if given)
- Appendices/containing calculations supporting key data in the report
Selected material based on material available at
Now the instructions on writing the final paper based on Unilever the company are as following:
Your tasks for the Final Project are to:
- Assess the budgeting process and procedures for the organisation with regards to preparation techniques, uses for evaluation, differences between business units/divisions, etc.
- Analyse how the organisation collects, stores, and prepares management accounting information, particularly the use of a management accounting system (MAS) and how information is disseminated throughout the organisation.
- Evaluate the costing process and procedures of the organisation with respect to method or approach utilised.
- Assess the capital decision making process within the organisation with regards to what methods are utilised, how such methods are chosen, how projects are selected and managed, and what measures are employed to evaluate performance.
- Evaluate the criteria or mechanisms used by the organisation for deciding how best to acquire capital and analyse the capital structure of the company.
Your Final Project should follow the given outline:
- Brief description of company
- Description of firm’s budgeting process
- Management accounting information system
- Costing process
- Capital decisions
- Capital acquisition and structure
**Your Final Project should also include a section on how and where you obtained the information sources as well as the methodology used to perform any analysis. This project should follow a structured approach and should be prepared and presented as a professional business report.
*** I am submitting the papers that i have given the teacher already last week as a startup for you to understand what I have submitted so far.