Bsop326 -total quality management – check point – week 5
(TCO 9) In a TQM manufacturing environment, the burden of inspecting the quality of purchased material rests with the _____.
transporter of the material
supplier of the material
user of the material
purchaser of the material
2. Question : (TCO 9) Employees of an insurance firm are given the task of studying the very successful employee training program at a bank. This is an example of which of the following?
3. Question : (TCO 9) Which type of process drives the creation of products and services, is critical to customer satisfaction, and has a large impact on the organization’s strategic goals?
4. Question : (TCO 9) _____ are accountable for process performance.
Process Black Belts
5. Question : (TCO 9) In the context of process management, _____ is the activity of ensuring conformance to the requirements and taking corrective action when necessary to correct problems and maintain stable performance, whereas _____ implies enhancing performance.
6. Question : (TCO 10) If a company finds that the level of employee satisfaction appears to predict turnover, then employee satisfaction represents ______ measure while turnover represents ______ measure.
a leading, a lagging
a prescriptive, a predictive
a dependent, an independent
a prevention, an appraisal
7. Question : (TCO 10) A good, balanced scorecard should contain which of the following?
Lagging measures only
Leading measures only
Both lagging and leading measures
Neither lagging nor leading measures
8. Question : (TCO 10) Operational improvement is an example of which of the following measures?
Organizational effectiveness measure
Social responsibility measure
9. Question : (TCO 10) An advantage of cost of quality measures is that management receives a report in which the unit of analysis is _____.
10. Question : (TCO 10) Regulatory/legal compliance and community service is an example of which of the following performance measures?
Financial and market measure
Human resource measure
Leadership and social responsibility measure
Question : (TCO 9) Match the following:
2. Question : (TCO 10) What are the three main costs that relate to external failure costs?
3. Question : (TCO 10) What are three of the five purposes of a performance measurement system?
4. Question : (TCO 10) What are three of the five benefits listed that the right information to the right people can provide?
5. Question : (TCO 9) What are three of the seven elements of effective quality control systems?
6. Question : (TCO 9) What are three of the five activities that a total approach to product and process design involves?
7. Question : (TCO 9) Briefly describe breakthrough quality improvement.