Biology Assignment | Custom Assignment Help
Mermaid: The Body Found
1. Why has the Aquatic ape hypothesis not taken off?
– can you cite any evidence that might NOT support this hypothesis? What sort of evidence is missing?
– Are supporters of the aquatic ape hypothesis “Lunatics….on the fringe?”OR should we view this as good science that includes all lines of thinking?
– Whose voices should we listen to?
2. How might documentaries such as Mermaid: the Body Found affect the public?
– Do these types of documentaries create an atmosphere of distrust and fear of science and technology (conspiracy theories) OR Is this an example of freedom of speech and storytelling: “It’s just mermaids …what harm is there in a little speculation?”
– Can the public discern the difference between real science and fake science? What might you look for in a news report, scientific article, documentary or Internet site in search of “the truth” in science?
– Please utilize articles 1 and 2 posted below the video to guide your debate.
– What causes the public to doubt science? …….(In what ways might science be biased?)
write down a response to these question in 270 words.