PLEASE HELP WITH THE ANSWERS FOR THIS WORKSHEET.
1. The process by which food is received into the GI tract via the mouth is called _______________.
2. The esophagus is digestive in function. ______________.
3. Swallowing has both voluntary and involuntary components. ____________.
4. The function of the epiglottis is to prevent a bolus from entering the ______________________.
5. The first wave of contraction of the esophageal muscles is called ___________ ______________.
6. If a food bolus does not make it all the way to the stomach, _____________________ peristalsis
forces the bolus the remainder of the way.
7. Peristaltic contractions of the stomach occur about ___________ times per minute when food
makes it into the body and fundus.
8. The frequency of peristaltic contractions is regulated by ____________________________ cells.
9. Gastric emptying would be slowed by which of the following?
10. ______________ regulate gastric juice secretion during the cephalic phase.
11.The cephalic phase of digestion is regulated by short reflexes. ___________.
12. The ____________________ nerve carries electrical signals from the brain to the stomach.
13. The hormone ________________________________ regulates gastric secretion during the
gastric phase of digestion.
Page 1 of 4 BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab © 2013 South University
14. Gastric motility ______________________________ as the stomach begins to receive food.
15. The hormone ______________________________ released by the duodenum causes gastric
motility to decrease when fats are present in the duodenum.
16. The hormone __________________________ causes the gallbladder to contract and release bile
into the small intestine.
17. The ________________________________________ reflex describes the communication
between the intestine and the stomach.
18. Sympathetic nervous system stimulation ______________________ digestive system activity.
19. The motility process illustrated below is ____________________________________.
20. Segmentation moves chyme in only one direction. __________.
21. The frequency of segmentation contractions is greatest in the __________________________.
22. ______________________________ reflexes stimulate the ileum to increase activity when food
is in the stomach.
23. The hormone _______________ causes the ileocecal sphincter to relax during the gastric phase.
24. During the interdigestive period, ____________ _________________ _____________ occur
about once every 90 minutes to move undigested materials toward the terminal ileum.
25. Migrating motility complexes are controlled by the central nervous system. ___________.
Page 2 of 4 BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab © 2013 South University
26.List the two major functions of the large intestine:
27. Pockets formed by the contractions of the transverse and descending colon musculature are
28. Sustained, intense propulsive peristaltic contractions of the large intestine are called
29. Which of the following is under voluntary control? ____________________________________.
30. Only about __________ ml of the 500 ml of chyme that entered the colon is voided as feces.
31. Place the following labels on the large intestine figure below:
cecum, ascending colon, transverse colon, descending colon, sigmoid colon, rectum, haustra,
32. The _______________________________ reflex stimulates mass movements of the colon.
Page 3 of 4 BIO1014 Anatomy and Physiology II Lab © 2013 South University
33. List three emotions or sensations that may produce constipation.
34. The vomiting reflex is coordinated in the ___________________ ____________________.
35. Which of the following is not typically a stimulus for the vomiting reflex?
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.