• Task 1- Background information – Write a description of the dataset and project, and its importance for the organization. Discuss the main benefits of using visual analytics to explore big data. In this you should include a justification for using the visualizations that you will use and how they have been successful in other similar projects. This discussion should be suitable for a general audience. Information must come from at least 6 appropriate sources (2 per student) be appropriately referenced. [2 to 3 pages]
• Task 2 – Reporting / Dashboards – For your project, perform the relevant data analysis tasks by answering the guided questions provided (see Appendix for questions and dataset) and, identify the visualization you need to develop.
Note: remove any missing data points from your visualizations where possible/suitable
• Task 3 – Additional Visualizations – In addition to the guided questions, it is expected that each student will provide at least two other visualizations of the data (i.e. for a group of 3 students this is 6 extra visualizations). These additional visualizations will be judged in terms of quality of the findings and complexity of analysis.These visualizations should be using multi-dimensional, filtering and advance calculation techniques.
• Task 4 – Justification -Justify why these visualizations are chosen in Task 2 and 3. Note: To ensure that you discuss this task properly, you must include visual samples of the reports you produce (i.e. the screenshots of the BI report/dashboard must be presented and explained in the written report; use ‘Snipping tool’), and also include any assumptions that you may have made about the analysis in your Task 2 (i.e. the report to the operational team of the company).[1 to 2 pages]
• Task 5 – Discussion of findings – using the visualizations created discuss the findings from the data set. In this discussion you should explain what each visualization shows. Then summarize themain findings. Get Statistics homework help for you today