New Testament Survey Study Guides: Module/Week 2
Derived from the class text book, The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey (2016),
and the New Testament documents.
Matthew: The Kingdom of Heaven
1. Who exactly was Matthew, the author of the Gospel of Matthew (ENT, 54–56)?
2. Matthew most likely wrote to ______ Christians from about _____to_____ (ENT, 57–60).
3. According to Matthew, certain events in Jesus’ life were a fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies (cf. Matt 1:22; 2:15, 17, 23; 4:14–16; 8:17; 12:17; 13:35; 21:4; 26:53–54; 27:9).
4. Matthew traces Jesus’ lineage back to two very significant OT persons (Matt 1:2, 6, 17). Who were they and why are they significant (ENT 56–57; 63–64)?
5. Describe the term gospel (ENT, 60–61).
6. How does Matthew depict Jesus’ supreme authority (57)?
7. Matthew is the only Gospel that mentions the ______ (ekklēsia) by name (Matt 16:18).
8. The key word in Matthew is __________ (ENT, 61).
9. Know the key verse in Matthew.
10. Matthew may be organized around Jesus’ five sermons (62; 66). Name each major sermon, citing the precise texts where they are located.
Mark: The Divine Servant
1. Identify the author of the Gospel according to Mark (72–73).
2. Mark wrote his Gospel around AD______ (74).
3. Mark’s original recipients were ____ Christians (73).
4. What is the goal of Mark’s message (77).
5. The key word in Mark is “__________” (Gk, eutheōs; 71).
6. Know the key verse in Mark (10:45).
7. Describe the unique features of Mark’s Gospel (78–79).
8. Describe how Mark emphasizes the supernatural nature of Jesus Christ.
a. God’s declaration (1:11)
b. Jesus has authority to forgive sin (2:5)
c. Evil spirits cry out “you are the Son of God” (3:11)
d. He is the “Son of the Most High” (5:7)
e. He raised Jairus’ daughter (5:40–42)
f. At the Transfiguration, God declares “This is my Son . . . .” (9:2–7)
9. Know the following: Jesus predicts his death and resurrection (8:31–32; cf. 9:9–12, 30–31; 10:32–34), fulfilling his prediction and purpose (10:45) when he rose from the dead (16:6–7)!
Luke: The Son of Man
1. Discuss how both the internal and external evidence point to Luke as the author of the third Gospel (83–85).
2. Who is specified as the recipient of Luke’s Gospel (85)?
3. When did Luke most likely write his Gospel (86–87)?
4. The key word in Luke is “_________” (Gk. laos).
5. Luke emphasizes Jesus Christ as the perfect __________ and ______ of all mankind (83).
6. Know the key verse in Luke’s Gospel (19:10).
7. Describe how Luke is the most comprehensive Gospel (88).
8. Describe how Luke is the most universal Gospel (88–89).
9. Luke mentions more historical events than do the other Gospels (89).
10. Describe how Luke is the individual gospel (89).
11. Describe how Luke is the lowly gospel (89).
12. Describe how Luke is the forgiving gospel (90).
13. Describe how Luke is the prayerful gospel (91–92).
14. Describe how Luke is the worshipful gospel (92).
15. Luke emphasizes the role of women more than the other Gospels (92–93; cf. Luke 2:36–38; 7:11–17; 8:1–3; 10:38–4213:10–17; 21:1–4).
16. Describe how Luke is the Holy Spirit gospel (93).
17. Describe how Luke is the parable gospel (93–95).
Why Choose Us
At Myhomeworkwriters.com, we always aim at 100% customer satisfaction. As such, we never compromise o the quality of our homework services. Our homework helpers ensure that they craft each paper carefully to match the requirements of the instruction form.
Professional Academic Writers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, every student is guaranteed high-quality, professionally written papers. We ensure that we hire individuals with high academic qualifications who can maintain our quality policy. These writers undergo further training to sharpen their writing skills, making them more competent in writing academic papers.
Our company maintains a fair pricing system for all academic writing services to ensure affordability. Our pricing system generates quotations based on the properties of individual papers.
My Homework Writers guarantees all students of swift delivery of papers. We understand that time is an essential factor in the academic world. Therefore, we ensure that we deliver the paper on or before the agreed date to give students ample time for reviewing.
Myhomeworkwriters.com maintains a zero-plagiarism policy in all papers. As such, My Homework Writers professional academic writers ensure that they use the students’ instructions to deliver plagiarism-free papers. We are very keen on avoiding any chance of similarities with previous papers.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support works around the clock to provide students with assistance or guidance at any time of the day. Students can always communicate with us through our live chat system or our email and receive instant responses. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Our Homework Writing Services
My Homework Writers holds a reputation for being a platform that provides high-quality homework writing services. All you need to do is provide us with all the necessary requirements of the paper and wait for quality results.
At My Homework Writers, we have highly qualified academic gurus who will offer great assistance towards completing your essays. Our homework writing service providers are well-versed with all the aspects of developing high-quality and relevant essays.
Admission and Business Papers
With Myhomeworkwriters.com, we will help you secure a position at your desired institution. Our essay writing services include the crafting of admissions papers. We will still help you climb your career ladder by helping you write the official papers that will help you secure a job. We will guide you on how to write an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Myhomeworkwriters.com has a professional editorial team that will help you organize your paper, paraphrase it, and eliminate any possible mistakes. Also, we will help you check on plagiarism to ensure that your final paper posses quality and originality.
My Homework Writers harbors professional academic writers from diverse academic disciplines. As such, we can develop homework writing services in all academic areas. The simplicity or complexity of the paper does not affect the quality of homework writing services.