Augmentative and Alternative Communication Systems Assignment | Buy Homework Help
Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems can be used to meet the needs of students with language impairment. There are many forms of AAC and the selection of the type of AAC to use with a student must be based on assessment results and collaboration with a team of professionals and the parents/caregivers.
Design a 10-15 slide digital presentation appropriate for a school-wide professional development opportunity on the topic of augmentative and alternative communication systems. Be sure to include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Within your presentation address the following:
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems.
- Features of high and low technology and appropriate uses in the classroom.
- The three phases of assessment for AAC.
- Advantages of multimodal communication.
- Students who benefit from AAC and AAC intervention, including examples of how their assessment results indicate they may be ideal candidates.
- The importance of collaborative practices with IEP team members. administrators and family members.
- Examples of how to implement AAC to facilitate engagement in learning. Get Social Science Help Today