Auditing Assignment | Homework For You
1. Select a listed company from the current ASX List or this will be allocated to your group.
2. Gain an understanding of the nature of the entity and its industry and then identify key business risks. After this is completed, assess where the risks of material mis-statements could be in the financial report. Consider the factors affecting both Inherent Risk and Control Risk. Finally, apply the Audit Risk Model [AR = f ( IR , CR , DR )] to the selected company. Which risk rating would you apply (Low, Medium or High) to the company’s inherent risk assessment and control risk assessment? How does this affect your assessment of Detection Risk and Audit Risk?
CLICK HERE TO PLACE AN ORDER
3. Perform analytical procedures of the Statement of Financial Position and of Financial Performance over the last three years using appropriate ratios and/or metrics. Select four key ratios and provide a brief explanation in the report. This should be presented in a table format.
4. Discuss with your group members which account balances are considered “material”. Explain how you calculated materiality for planning purposes and provide appropriate justification for your decision-making. (Note – Use a table format to structure your answers to questions 5, 6, 7 & 8)
5. Select up to ten different material account balances, at least five assets and five liabilities.
6. For each material account balance selected, list the relevant financial report assertions and explain why the selected assertions are applicable to each account.
7. Design a comprehensive set of audit work steps for each material account balance, which addresses the selected assertions and which will result in sufficient and appropriate audit evidence being collected for your selected client company. (Assume that a predominantly substantive approach is being adopted)
8. Include a sampling plan, which details how you will use sampling for each material account balance to be tested. How many items will be tested for each test?
Page 3 of 5
9. Refer to some or all of the following websites. Get Accounting homework help today