Assignment memo | English homework help
Offer a brief memo (100 word) about the technical process you want to describe. You should provide a concise thesis sentence that clearly articulates your topic, one challenge you anticipate in developing your instructions, and the first step that comes to mind.
Post a very brief memo (100 words or less) that offers a strategy to determine audience needs in technical writing. Pages 16 through 19 of the Tebeaux and Dragga textbook offer a series of questions meant to help you understand, decipher, and respond to the needs of your likely audiences as a technical writer.
In this Reading Reflection, you should offer at least two additional questions of your own design that can help you understand audience needs and wants. You should also provide a brief justification or explanation of what element of audience awareness each question is designed to accomplish
Compose a memo (250 words) that clearly and concisely explains the following rhetorical considerations from your Instruction Manual project:
- What is your purpose?
- Who is your audience?
- What kind and level of previous knowledge will your audience need to complete your task?
- What kind of tools and/or materials will your audience need to complete your task?
For this Early Draft you are required to identify all 10 of your steps, describe at least five of your steps in detail, and offer an explanation of the visual aid you plan to use.
Your Instruction Manual should:
- Be at least 10 individual steps detailing how to accomplish a technical task of your choosing.
- Incorporate at least one (1) visual aid.
- Be at least one page in length at a minimum but not exceed two pages in length.
- Follow the principles of rhetorically effective design of instructional material as outlined in Chapter 10 of Tebeaux and Dragga’s textbook.
- Be accompanied by a Reflection Memo of not more than 250 words that detail the rhetorical choices you made to address your audience, and the specific actions you took to execute those rhetorical choices.