assignment health education literature | Social Science homework help
Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Assignment
Health Education Literature
To serve as resources of health information and communicate information to those in need, healthcare professionals must be able to find health information from credible sources. To align with this weeks learning outcome, students will be able to better assess the quality of information provided by various types of sources.
Part I: Research Articles
All research articles follow a very similar pattern when it comes to content. Review the Holman and White article from this week’s required resources. To locate the article, click on the “Find Articles & More” link in the top navigation bar of the Ashford University Library. Then, select the “Databases A-Z” link, followed by the letter “P” option. Scroll down to the “PubMed Central” database, and enter the article title in the search bar. You will want to review the full-text, PDF version of this article.
- Describe the content and purpose of each section presented in the article.
- Comprehensively analyze the content by addressing the following guiding questions that have been adapted from your text:
- Were the objectives of the study clearly defined?
- Was the research question stated?
- Did the introduction provide reasoning for asking the research question?
- Are the subjects/sample population well described?
- Was the recruitment of the subjects/sample population clearly defined?
- Was the design of the study described well?
- Was the process of data collection clear?
- Were the data collection instruments described well?
- Was validity and reliability data reported for the data collection instruments?
- Did the results address the research question?
- Did the conclusions align with the results?
- Did the authors suggest practical applications of the findings to a population that is similar to the subject population?
Part II: Non-Research Articles and Accuracy
- When we obtain information from sources other than research articles, we still need to determine whether it is accurate and valid. Discuss each of the questions developed by Cottrell (2014) that are listed in your course text on page 291. Then, explain the criteria used to evaluate non-research based information by addressing each of the following guiding questions:
- How does each of these questions enhance your search for credibility?
- Are there similarities between these requirements and the writing requirements of your assignments?
- What are the seven areas to consider when evaluating information from the Internet?
Evaluate the health information found on the internet by examining the information provided on emotional health from one of the following websites: the Center for Young Women’s Health, Young Men’s Health, or EmpowHER. Provide an example for each area of evaluation with the information from your selected site. Is the information provided on the website credible? Would you use this information to educate an individual? Explain your answers.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text, and at least one of the sources must be from the Ashford University Library.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.