Assignment cigarette smoking screencast | Social Science homework help
Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Assignment
Cigarette Smoking Screencast
When a person smokes, almost every single organ in his or her body is affected by the dangerous chemicals. Cigarette smoking is a lifestyle factor known to cause an increased risk of death and disease (US Department of Health and Human Services & Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2004). Read Chapter 11 and review “The Health Consequences of Smoking” article from this week’s reading.
Next, imagine you are employed as a worksite wellness professional for a major organization. The organization recently adopted a policy to make the campus smoke free. To help support this effort, you have decided to develop a screencast video to present to all employees that will:
- Define the major health risks associated with cigarette smoking.
- Examine the health benefits of smoking cessation.
- Explain the impact of a smoke-free environment for all employees on wellness.
- Explain how behavior change theories can be used to evaluate a person’s readiness to quit smoking.
- Explain the importance of role modeling positive lifestyle habits.
- Explain one way to motivate change at each stage of the stages of change model.
- Describe two smoking cessation aids.
For this assignment, you will be creating a screencast using Jing, Screencast-o-matic, or an alternative program with audio.
To begin, you will need to create your PowerPoint presentation. Then, you will use Jing, Screencast-o-matic, or an alternative program with audio to record the audio portion as you go through the presentation. This assignment should be 4 to 5 minutes in length. Include a minimum of three scholarly sources that are cited according to APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Include a title and reference slide within the presentation. When you have completed your presentation recording, copy and paste the screencast URL into a Word document. Your Word document should also contain the correct APA citations for your sources. Submit the Word document to your instructor by Day 7.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.