Assignment 6200 | Human Resource Management homework help
In order to provide the appropriate intervention, social workers first need to have conducted a thorough assessment. Having a comprehensive understanding of a client and their social environment, including the influence of racism and ethnocentrism, allows a social worker to accurately identify the presenting problems and help the client develop goals to address their needs. Not completing a full assessment may result in inaccurately identifying the presenting problem and pushing goals on the client to which they do not agree. A good assessment is the best foundation for treatment planning.
In addition, evidence based practice requires social workers to use the best available evidence to inform their practice decisions. This assignment helps you prepare for the final project by beginning to identify the presenting problem and possible goals, as well as beginning the research process to inform your treatment recommendations when working with the identified client in a case study.
To prepare: Conduct research in the Walden library to locate at least 1 peer-reviewed scholarly resource(s) that could inform your assessment or intervention with the case you plan to use in your final project.
Submit a 2-3 page paper in which you:
- Identify the case you will be using for the final project
- Describe the presenting problem(s)
- Describe 2 goals for the client based on their presenting problem
- Identify a specific peer-reviewed article and explain how it could inform understanding of the problem/population, development of goals, or intervention and treatment plan
- Explain how ethnocentrism and racism may influence the case (make sure to draw from this week’s assigned readings)
(Attached is the case study that will be used for this assignment)