Assignment 4: designing and developing an e-learning course | EDU 522 Theory and Practice of e-Learning | Strayer University
Assignment 4: Designing and Developing an e-Learning Course
This paper can be written like a course guide or course syllabus:
I’m attaching a template of how the course guide should be written.
I’m attaching assignment 3: That’s where you will get you information for the Course Guide.
Quick note about Assignment four:
1. For assignment four, you can use much of the information you provided in assignment three of this course. (I don’t mind if you use information you use from EDU541 and EDU550 if you have taken those courses for this assignment either.)
2. The assignment has two parts; the first part is the paper, and I don’t mind if you create the paper in the form of a course syllabus or course guide! The second part is the creation of your course in course-site! I will be grading both.
User Name – Lrat528 Password – 2DJmasterl!
Assignment 4: Designing and Developing an e-Learning Course – Part 2
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
Click here to access the CourseSites Tutorial Series.
Go to the Course sites Website and go through the tutorials to help familiarize yourself with Blackboard. Additional links and tutorials may be available in the course shell. You will use this Website to create your course. https://www.coursesites.com/webapps/Bb-sites-course-creation-BBLEARN/pages/getstarted.html
Scenario: In this assignment, you are required to design, develop, and implement a mini-online, six (6) week course, using the Course Management System (CMS), Blackboard. Proposed Course for Development Part 1.
Part A Course Content – Described
Create a Course Guide / Course Syllabus from assignment 3 in which you:
1. Name the course and provide an ID.
2. Provide a course description with three (3) goals and a welcoming announcement.
3. List one (1) or two (2) required instructional materials for the course and at least three (3) supplemental materials (in APA format), providing a rationale for each.
4. List three to five (3-5) learning outcomes for the first three (3) weeks of instruction.
5. Recommend three to four (3-4) instructional strategies to be used in the course, providing a rationale for each.
6. Design a weekly schedule for these first three (3) weeks that includes: (a) Topic(s) and (b) learning outcomes that are aligned with the topics.
7. Include in the weekly schedule (a) two (2) discussion questions for each of the three (3) weeks and (b) required activities.
8. List two (2) assignments: (a) a five (5) -question quiz and (b) a writing assignment.
Part B Blackboard Shell – Developed
Take the information from your course guide and create your Blackboard Shell
User Name – Lrat528 Password – 2DJmasterl!
11. Name the course (e.g., John Smith_Introduction to Social Science).
12. Provide Course ID (e.g., JohnSmith_ISS100).
13. Provide a course description with three (3) goals.
14. Provide a welcoming announcement on the Home Page in the course site you just created by clicking on the “more announcements” link at the bottom of box titled “My Announcement.”
15. Build three (3) content areas using the Content area in the main menu on the left side of the screen: (hover mouse over “+” > click on Content Area), naming the content areas: Week1 Content, Week 2 Content and Week 3 Content (Make sure you check the box “Available to users.”) .
16. Create one item in each content area that has an attached three to four (3-4) completed PowerPoints slides pertaining to the content of your mini-course.
17. List the one or two (1 or 2) required instructional materials and at least three (3) supplemental materials. Name this item “Instructional and Supplemental Materials.”
18. List three to five (3-5) learning outcomes for the first three (3) weeks of instruction. Name this item “Learning Outcomes: Weeks 1-3.”
19. Build a weekly schedule for these three (3) weeks that includes: (a) topic(s) and (b) learning outcomes that are aligned with these topics. Name this item “Weekly Schedule: Weeks 1-3.”
20. Create a Forum in the Discussions area and name it Week 1-3 Discussion.
21. Post two (2) discussion questions by creating a new thread for each question.
22. Create: (a) a five (5) question quiz and (b) a writing assignment in the Assessments link.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Design an online learning experience.
· Plan the resources required to support an online learning experience.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in theory and practice of e-Learning.
· Write clearly and concisely about theory and practice of e-Learning using proper writing mechanics.