Assessment Tools & Psychotherapy with Individuals Assignments | Online Homework Help
Discussion: Assessment Tools
Assigned assessment tool; Patient Health Questionnaire
Assessment tools have two primary purposes: 1) to measure illness and diagnose clients, and 2) to measure a client’s response to treatment. Often, you will find that multiple assessment tools are designed to measure the same condition or response. Not all tools, however, are appropriate for use in all clinical situations. You must consider the strengths and weaknesses of each tool to select the appropriate assessment tool for your client. For this Discussion, as you examine the assessment tool assigned to you by the Course Instructor, consider its use in psychotherapy.
· Analyze psychometric properties of assessment tools
· Evaluate appropriate use of assessment tools in psychotherapy
· Compare assessment tools used in psychotherapy
The Course Instructor will assign you to an assessment tool that is used in psychotherapy; Patient health Questionnaire
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the insights they provide.
· Consider the asessment tool assigned to you by the Course Instructor; Patient Health Questionnaire
· Review the Library Course Guide in your Learning Resources for assistance in locating information on the assessment tool you were assigned.
Post an explanation of the psychometric properties of the assessment tool you were assigned( seen above) Explain when it is appropriate to use this assessment tool with clients, including whether the tool can be used to evaluate the efficacy of psychopharmacologic medications. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Click Here to Place Order
Resources for reference ( 3 reference )
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 3, “Assessment and Diagnosis” (pp. 95–168)
- Chapter 4, “The Initial Contact and Maintaining the Frame” (pp. 169–224)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. (1995). Practice parameters for the psychiatric assessment of children and adolescents. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from https://www.aacap.org/App_Themes/AACAP/docs/practice_parameters/psychiatric_assessment_practice_parameter.pdf
American Psychiatric Association. (2016). Practice guidelines for the psychiatric evaluation of adults (3rd ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. Retrieved from http://psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.1176/appi.books.9780890426760
Walden Library. (2017). NURS 6640 week 2 discussion guide. Retrieved from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/nurs6640week2discussion
Walden University. (n.d.). Tests & measures: Home. Retrieved February 6, 2017, from http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/library/testsmeasures
Note: This database may be helpful in obtaining assessment tool information for this week’s Discussion.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2015a). Counseling competencies—The application of ethical guides and laws to record keeping [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Provided courtesy of the Laureate International Network of Universities.
· Reviewthe media Clinical Interview: Intake, Assessment,& Therapeutic Alliance in your Learning Resources.
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice inpsychotherapy.
Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to the Wheeler textbook in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course ( Nurs 6640).
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
Resources for reference ( need 3 references)
Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2012). Clinical interview: Intake, assessment, & therapeutic alliance [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Standard 1 “Assessment” (pages 44 & 45)
Wheeler, K. (Eds.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 1, “The Nurse Psychotherapist and a Framework for Practice” (pp. 3–52)
Fournier, J. C., & Price, R. B. (2014). Psychotherapy and neuroimaging. Psychotherapy: New Evidence and New Approaches, 12(3), 290–298. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4207360/
Holttum, S. (2014). When bad things happen our brains change but psychotherapy and support can help the recovery of our brains and our lives. Mental Health and Social Inclusion, 18(2), 52–58. doi:10.1108/MHSI-02-2014-0006
Petiprin, A. (2016). Psychiatric and mental health nursing. Nursing Theory. Retrieved from http://www.nursing-theory.org/theories-and-models/psychiatric-and-mental-health-nursing.php
Fisher, M. A. (2016). Introduction. In Confidentiality limits in psychotherapy: Ethics checklists for mental health professionals (pp. 3–12). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. doi:10.1037/14860-001