Assessment and Diagnosis Assignments | Online Homework Help
Write a 750-1,000-word paper that addresses the following:
- A definition of screening, assessment, and treatment plan
- What is the assessment process for identifying addictive disorders?
- What considerations must be made for choosing an appropriate assessment tool?
- A general overview of the substance use disorder criteria according to the DSM.
- A discussion about the potential problems that can arise when a counselor relies solely on the diagnostic criteria listed in the DSM for treatment planning.
- Include at least two examples of commonly used substance use disorder assessment tools.
- Discuss the need for crisis management when working with a client.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
When writing the paper, consider using the following level-one APA headings to help organize the content:
- Assessment Process
- General Overview of Criteria
- Potential Problems
- Crisis Management
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 5.C.2.d: Diagnostic process, including differential diagnosis and the use of current diagnostic classification systems, including the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).